Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya ya i know its no truck. Its my street sleeper.. plus I drive it all over the place :)

25-1/C Chassis Car, Duster Body. NHRA/IHRA certified to 7.50's
  • Weight: 2700lbs
  • Engine: 540ci. Merlin BBC Block, Merlin-II Heads, ALL Jesel Valvetrain
    JE Pistons, Oliver Connecting Rods and 4340 Crankshaft, 14:1 compression ratio.
    Custom 2 1/4" O.D. headers, Single Dominator 1150cfm carb.
    Crane Camshaft .710/.710 306 @ .050, 112 CL.
  • Trans: Turbo 400 w/brake by Dynamic Transmissions
  • Brakes: Wilwood 4 wheel discs; Billet Superlite's
  • Rear/Diff: Ford 9" 4:30 ratio
  • Rear Wheels: 18 x 33.5 x 15 MT ET Street/Strip
  • Rims: Weld Racing
  • Dyno: 810 RWHP 960 HP at the crank
  • 1/4 mi: 8.66 [email protected] 158mph; 60 ft: 1.2 secs. W/Mufflers: 9.40 ET.
  • 1/8 mi: 5.53 [email protected] dont remember
  • 0-60mph in 1.17 secs. 0-158mph in 8.66 secs :)
  • Mufflers(when on street): FlowMaster Super 10s - 4" all the way back
  • NO starting line electronics. This is a drivers car.
  • NO adders. Normally aspirated engine.

Here's some more pics of it after my Garage Renovation:

Oh and here's some of my garage itself after re-doing it!

My new floor!

·
0 Posts
I just peed a little.

Now tow your shit down here so I can bracket race you and whoop your ass...you know you want to get owned...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Damn, that's sexy. MoPar or no car! :D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Look again, that aint no mopar under the hood :p
It is on the outside. :dawg:

The Hooter's show I went to last weekend had a '69 Roadrunner with a 500+ ci blown Hemi. It's a good thing it was white, or I may have left a stain on the fender. :lol:

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
One thing I've learned is that the slower cars only want to 'bracket race' ;)
Why do you think I do it! :mc3:

Very nice, and that garage is freakin' amazing.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Dude very nice ride.

I am also very freaking impressed with your garage! That is bad ass man I need to clean my shop up bad....I may do that after I finish helping my dad build this pool deck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya thanks for the garage compliments. It was a major undertaking. I have some before and after shots that really say it all.

I honestly have less than 3k in the whole restoration, of course I did all of it myself too since the garage is 30x30 and it would've been hella expensive to have anyone else do it.

I had huge cracks and humps in teh concrete so I rented a concrete grinder and smoothed it out then put that garage floor epoxy paint on it. Since its a block wall garage I put 1" foam boards on the walls with a vapor barrier and bought a bunch of T-111 wood exterior siding and tapcon'd it to the walls thru the foam. I did all of the drop ceilng and lighting. There are 15 overhead 4-bulb fixtures in there! I like light. NOTHING worse than working on shit in the dark. I bought all those cabinets from Lowe's, they're cheaper than buying 'garage' cabinets. They're super heavy duty and I put wheels on everything including the workbench. I can empty the garage in 10 minutes by simply rolling everything outside and hosing it out!

I'll post some more pics of it before and after.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
those are some bad ass pics......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok here's some before and after shots. I was able to keep my existing drop-down stairs to the attic. I replaced both garage doors and the entry door with steel insulated doors. I blocked in the two windows at the back. Nobody needs to see what's in here. The before pics are exactly how the garage was when I bought it 3 yrs ago.. it was deplorable and completely trashed by the previous owners. I waited all my life to get a 30x30 garage and I'll be damned if I was gonna let it look like that!

Old NE wall and corner:

New NE wall and corner:

Old South Wall:

New South Wall:

Old South corner/wall:

New south corner/wall:

New Coleman cabinets ALL on wheels:

Floor after Quikrete Epoxy covering:

I added central heating and air conditioning to it too, which I haven't taken pictures of yet. I put a 2ton
AC unit on a central heating unit just like a house.

I have more pics of my Duster Project and my Garage project on my own site:
My duster START to FINISH pics here.
My Garage START to FINISH pics here.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
wow nice garage

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Wow dude that is awesome.

My shop is (or my dad's shop) Is 30x50 alot of room but we built it then we built a house so we have so much carpenters materials all sorts of junk down there that we have yet to clean up after building the house.

I would really like the end result to look like your garage does there! That is awesome man! Mad Props!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sweet shop man. me and my dad built a huge shop I think its 45x90 but then when the hurricanes came back in 04 we moved alot of stuff in there and now I am in cali and he is in afghanistan so we havent cleaned it out yet. but I will when I move back to fl in the winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts