Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
(07 Colorado Extended Cab Z71 4 x 4)

Pulled the trigger and bought an 05 cluster for $85 with 32,000+ miles on it (being an 04 to 06 cluster, no TPMS Indicator), turned it on and it flashed it's 32,000+ mileage for a second, then lit up with my trucks mileage (42,000+), and now all is good, no TPMS light to bother me. When I eventually upgrade to new wheels and tires (going to 17" or 18"), will not purchase new TPMS Sensors, nor move the TMPS Sensors over from my old wheels, so I saved the potential several hundred dollars to purchase a new TPMS Sensor set.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I got the 06 cluster swapped it out to test it and it worked. No tpm warning, mileage changed to match that of my truck. I drove around 300 miles with the 06 in. I put my 08 cluster back in because I want to swap LEDs on the 06. When I put the 08 back in the mileage didn’t match the new mileage that the old cluster displayed. I just put it back in and haven’t driven around yet, but will the 08 show the correct mileage again? Or is it stuck at the mileage it was when swapped?

·
Registered
547 Posts
So I got the 06 cluster swapped it out to test it and it worked. No tpm warning, mileage changed to match that of my truck. I drove around 300 miles with the 06 in. I put my 08 cluster back in because I want to swap LEDs on the 06. When I put the 08 back in the mileage didn’t match the new mileage that the old cluster displayed. I just put it back in and haven’t driven around yet, but will the 08 show the correct mileage again? Or is it stuck at the mileage it was when swapped?
[/QUOT
It's working correctly , the 08 cluster is stuck at the miles recorded when removed . It will advance if you exceed the 300 miles you drove while the 06 cluster was installed .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Should it advance now though? Because currently: miles on truck and 06 cluster ~103773 miles. Miles on 08 cluster: ~103440. Shouldn’t the 08 cluster bump up to match the mileage on the truck?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Should it advance now though? Because currently: miles on truck and 06 cluster ~103773 miles. Miles on 08 cluster: ~103440. Shouldn’t the 08 cluster bump up to match the mileage on the truck?
Sorry , I'm getting a bit confused . I have not gone back and forth with the clusters as you are doing . Did you drive the truck with the 08 cluster back in ? If so it should advance miles as a cluster can only add miles to match the BCM .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry , I'm getting a bit confused . I have not gone back and forth with the clusters as you are doing . Did you drive the truck with the 08 cluster back in ? If so it should advance miles as a cluster can only add miles to match the BCM .
Yes sorry. 08 is back in the truck now. The 08 cluster did not bump up to compensate the ~300 miles that was driven when the 06 was in there

·
Registered
6 Posts
MO the easy and most cost effective way to go is to search for an 04-06 cluster on ebay or LKQ that has less mileage than your current mileage . When installed the cluster will immediately display the actual truck mileage.

Nox Vidmate VLC

21 - 28 of 28 Posts