Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am thinking about getting that die at walmart that ur post to put in the wash machine to die cloths. to die my sun visors? they got a black die. well they got all kinds of colors. but yeah i want to try and see if the black die will work. u think it will? . i think it might work!!!!

ill find out friday LOL

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah if the die dont hold up or what not i can go to this paint shop and get there upholstery die

·
Registered
319 Posts
NONONONONO!!!!!! I tried using the black dye before and if you do not bleach the fabric first, you will have brown visors. The dye is fairly weak and will not completely darken the fabric, just slightly tint it.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
i wanna do this with my seat covers.... you said i have to bleach them first?

·
Registered
319 Posts
i wanna do this with my seat covers.... you said i have to bleach them first?
In order for the dye to settle evenly, darkly and in the proper color, you have to remove any old dyes. Otherwise,the two dyes will blend and you get splotchy, poor coloring.

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
I used this Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric dye, it's in a rattle can. I worked really good, only left the fabric a little crusty. I actually taped off the warning labels and removed the mirror and it worked good. The only problem is I painted the other hard plastic pieces and now the paint has rubbed off the part where they connect to the stationary hook.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hummm thats good info on the bleaching. i will prolly bleach it tonight. and tomorrow die it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YO how do i get that warning tag off the back of the visors? i tryed pilling and now worky. some other shit is on there and i cant pull it up!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh yeah i bleached them last night. that dident do to much. i cant even tell the diffrents.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts