Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah lol i tried to send him a pm bout a week ago and no answer.... maybe he will see the thread :doku:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
how wide are your wheels though? mine are 8.5 wide and i have +38mm
pretty sure you will have to shorten the rear axle tubes/axles to.

based on my calculations stock xtreme wheels wont tuck without shortening the rear, and they are 8" +28. add the 1/2" and if you wanted to keep the wheel from being outward more than the stocker you would need a +50.7mm offset (8.5" wheel). thus meaning they wouldnt fit either.

i hope that makes sense.

my math is 25.4mm = 1in. 18x8 +28 add half inch for instance (overall diameter doesnt matter) 18x8.5 to make up for the extra half inch width requires 12.7mm MORE positive offset to keep the outside edge of the new wider wheel in the same place as the xtreme wheel.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts

based on my calculations stock xtreme wheels wont tuck without shortening the rear, and they are 8" +28. add the 1/2" and if you wanted to keep the wheel from being outward more than the stocker you would need a +50.7mm offset (8.5" wheel). thus meaning they wouldnt fit either.

i hope that makes sense.

my math is 25.4mm = 1in. 18x8 +28 add half inch for instance (overall diameter doesnt matter) 18x8.5 to make up for the extra half inch width requires 12.7mm MORE positive offset to keep the outside edge of the new wider wheel in the same place as the xtreme wheel.
and that's why offset and backspacing doesn't make sense to anyone else. all i know is if the wheel is out too far, i can't bag it. from what mine look like right now, i would probably need to narrow my rear end by about 2 inches, 3 to make it just right.

·
Registered
8 Posts

i hope that makes sense.

Not to be rude here, but your wrong. If your stock wheel is 8" wide with a +28mm offset, and you go to a 8.5" wide wheel it's only going to add 1/4" to the outside. When a wheel goes from 8" to 8.5" it evenly places the extra width on both edges of the wheel not just to one side. So if you going from 8" +28 offset to 8.5" you will need a +32-35mm offset to be equal with you stock one. If you were looking for it to tuck I would go with a +38-45mm and that should do the trick. Im a wheel guru and I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know when it comes to wheels. I don't know why but I have always had a thing for wheels, Im always pushing the limits putting something on a car the distributors say can't be done. I once fit a set of 20X8" and 20X9.5" wheels on my old 2002 BMW 325i that was lowered 2.5" and nobody thought it was possible but it was and it never rubbed. Its all about researching the offsets and widths.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Not to be rude here, but your wrong. If your stock wheel is 8" wide with a +28mm offset, and you go to a 8.5" wide wheel it's only going to add 1/4" to the outside. When a wheel goes from 8" to 8.5" it evenly places the extra width on both edges of the wheel not just to one side. So if you going from 8" +28 offset to 8.5" you will need a +32-35mm offset to be equal with you stock one. If you were looking for it to tuck I would go with a +38-45mm and that should do the trick. Im a wheel guru and I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know when it comes to wheels. I don't know why but I have always had a thing for wheels, Im always pushing the limits putting something on a car the distributors say can't be done. I once fit a set of 20X8" and 20X9.5" wheels on my old 2002 BMW 325i that was lowered 2.5" and nobody thought it was possible but it was and it never rubbed. Its all about researching the offsets and widths.
that wasnt rude at all, you are 100% correct, i had a brain fart. im not a wheel guru, but i am pretty good at math, just wasnt thinking when i did the math. thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh come on I know you guys are not that stupid. It's easy stuff to figure out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts