Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for 'horns' and didn't get much...so here's the question:

How do I hook up TWO HORNS on my '08 Canyon?

The thing sounds like a Clown Wagon with only one horn!
Trucks should have DUAL HORNS. It's a rule.

Suggest a solution, please.
Factory setup preferred.
Aftermarket if necessary.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
yeah I really really really really want a train horn

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a dual electric horn setup on my truck. I went to Checker and bought two aftermarket horns, one high tone and one low tone. The WA state equivalent of Checker is going to be Schucks, I don't know which one is closest to you:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=cEr&q=schucks+Everett+WA&btnG=Search

But, anyway, I purchased these:

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=WLO&MfrPartNumber=3152T&CategoryCode=3074

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=WLO&MfrPartNumber=3102T&CategoryCode=3074

They're pretty damn loud, and they make a really good replacement for the stock horn...also, for that price, a really simple and effective mod. :)

As far as mounting, they should come with all of the necessary hardware, you just have to be a little inventive with your mounting techniques. I wired up the horns to the factory location, mounting them right where the old one was. The only thing that I didn't reuse was the factory plug, I cut it off and tossed it with the old horn.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I was going to buy a train horn set but I have no idea where I would mount the tank and compressor.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Heres my train horn set up. Ask the az guys, there loud as fuck! 155 decibles each! All chrome setup, two chrome 3 gallon tanks and another compressor just for the horns. Best money spent! HAHA
DSC01312.jpg

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
That is a tight setup you have. I would hate to be the next guy that cuts you off.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
you should do a video. That would be sweet seeing the reactions of people.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
MC has the best alternative as far as what you are looking for. Obviously train horns can be really effective for the soccer mom with three kids in the backseat screaming their heads off at the three tv screens playing the cartoon while she is talking on the cellphone and applying make-up, but for practicallity, I would go with the setup I previously mentioned haha. I have heard it and it would be good enough to put me back into my lane...

·
Registered
24 Posts
:kiki:

Thanks dude. :high5:. It really is quite simple to wire up too...but, khk's setup is insanely loud. :lol:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'm getting the Stebel electric air horn next - one of my Hella electric air horns just died and it sounds like a cat with its nuts in a vice.

My dad has the Stebel - loud! 139 dB at 6'.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Sure guy, if you need me to take piks of my setup, let me know. :)
hey mc I think I'm going to go with a setup up like yours. I was just wondering how difficult it was to install and if you have time to take pictures of where you wired it in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts