Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the 4th was the 1 yr anniv. of me buying the truck. I figured I would post some pics and a story/whatever for the hell of it.
The pictures are just thumbnails, click them for the full ones.

SATURDAY, JULY 1ST, 2006

I looked at several Canyons at the local dealer and mused over their limited inventory. I test drove a CC 4x4 z71 and loved it. We went over financing and decided that the fully loaded 4x4 they had on the lot was not reasonable for me, and neither was the 2wd Z71 (the one I ended up getting). We discussed pulling a reg cab Z71 from another lot in Northern AZ, but I wasn't too interested because I knew I would need more seating.
I ended up taking their 2wd Z71 CC home for the weekend. I got a lot of looks and I loved it.

TUESDAY, JULY 4TH, 2006

I went back to the dealer, with my dad who co-signed, and we did all the paperwork.
$25,900 out the door with 0% financing for 72 months.

About a week later, I was rear-ended. The plastics on the bumper got scratched, no real damage other than that.
Will post pics later, they are at home.

Later that month I had my first roadtrip in it. Went camping in Prescott.

AUGUST 2006

First hauling experience. Mini-Road trip.

SEPTEMBER 2006

Road trip to Los Angeles. Picked up the new bumper from iwa100.
Pictures are on my home PC. SORRY! :mc:

NOVEMBER 2006

First mod: Tonneau cover

DECEMBER 2006

Photo shoot on top of a parking garage
Pictures are on my home PC.

Playing in the snow. Hella fun. Road was shut down to 4x4 only but I managed to get up and only got stuck once for a few minutes.

FEBRUARY 10, 2007

New mods: Black Projector Headlights
4300k HIDs [not pictured]

APRIL 2007

Another mod. Car PC :econo:

JUNE 2007

Another road trip. Rocky Point. The canoe is sitting on the tonneau rails, don't worry :kiki:

TODAY
Over a year later and a little over 19,000 on the odometer. I'm pretty happy with the truck. I've made 12 payments and have $21,584 left. The truck books for $18,270 private party.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
nice man. really nice.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
nice man. really nice.
Thanks man. I gotta post the rest of the pics, maybe when I get home.

Looking good brotha man when is your next trip up this way or maybe we need to do one that way...
I think my next trip is going to be out to San Diego actually. The whales vagina. :lol:
Coming up at the end of the month, my girlfriend is going to be auditioning for American Idol. :chaching:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Nice thread man!:werd3: Gotta love that 0% financing. That was one of the deciding factors in my colorado purchase. The other was I just flat out needed a truck! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts