Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today at work i got bored so i decided to install my 4302s and 2" blocks. i didnt know exactly how much to cut off them to give me a true 2" drop, so i just cut a little, think im at 1.5", hopefully they settle a little, if not they will get cut more.

before

after

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks alot better dude. :thumbup:

You might be able to go another inch...but I'd wait for the rims. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to run 255 (or 245)/35/20's no problem on a "true" 2/3 dropped ZQ8.
yeah, i figure i can go more, but i wanna see how far the front settles before doing anything else, then get wheels/tires. then i might drop it a little more. i would rather not have to notch the rear, so the farthest i plan to drop the rear is another 1". i just dont want to run into a rubbing problem.

by the way RRCN, your truck is SEXY on the xtremes, im picking mine up this weekend, for now.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yeah, i figure i can go more, but i wanna see how far the front settles before doing anything else, then get wheels/tires. then i might drop it a little more. i would rather not have to notch the rear, so the farthest i plan to drop the rear is another 1". i just dont want to run into a rubbing problem.

by the way RRCN, your truck is SEXY on the xtremes, im picking mine up this weekend, for now.
Thanks man. :)

I'm saying it *should* work because I don't want you running after me if it rubs a bit too much for your liking, but it'll work pretty well with the 20's. ;)

An 2/3 on a ZQ8 is about what a 3/4 is on a Z85. And I was pretty much running a full on ZQ8 suspension setup on my Z85 for quite some time with the 255/35-20's without major issues. A bit of rubbing on dips, bumps and such, but she drove pretty well....

I ran a 4/4 for a week but that was wayyy too much rubbing for me.....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm saying it *should* work because I don't want you running after me if it rubs a bit too much for your liking, but it'll work pretty well with the 20's. ;)

An 2/3 on a ZQ8 is about what a 3/4 is on a Z85. And I was pretty much running a full on ZQ8 suspension setup on my Z85 for quite some time with the 255/35-20's without major issues. A bit of rubbing on dips, bumps and such, but she drove pretty well....

I ran a 4/4 for a week but that was wayyy too much rubbing for me.....
yeah i dont want ANY rubbing. im gonna be running the stock 235/50/18s on the extreme wheels, which happen to be a little taller than 245/35/20s, so im gonna use them as a guideline, if i can clear them i will clear the 20s. thats the plan for now.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yeah i dont want ANY rubbing. im gonna be running the stock 235/50/18s on the extreme wheels, which happen to be a little taller than 245/35/20s, so im gonna use them as a guideline, if i can clear them i will clear the 20s. thats the plan for now.
Sweet. G'luck!! :D

Damn, w/ the 20's? That does sound like it sucked.
Yeah dude. It royally sucked!!!!

I was barely able to drive on most of the highway. Going like 45 - 50 MPH max on bumpy shit. It was ridiculous but looked fucking SICK!! If the road was fine, I could be cruising 70 - 75 no problem, which did happen, but only on this one little stretch. :roll: lol.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah dude. It royally sucked!!!!

I was barely able to drive on most of the highway. Going like 45 - 50 MPH max on bumpy shit. It was ridiculous but looked fucking SICK!! If the road was fine, I could be cruising 70 - 75 no problem, which did happen, but only on this one little stretch. :roll: lol.
Yea trust me I KNOW EXACTLY what your talking about when it comes to shitty roads. Just dont think for a minute its any better over here in my neck of the woods...:disgust:

I dont think I would of put up w/ it either. I mean I dont mind rubbing, but only to a certain point. Oh well man, your truck is still fucking sick!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
845 Posts
i plan on running 20s soon, so i cant go much lower, if any.
ok ok maybe just a little more? :D

Just see how the xtreme wheels fit...

...Correct me if I'm wrong anybody, xtreme wheels w/ the stock tires is about the same diameter as a 20 w/ a low pro on it? So if the xtremes clear the 20's should clear as well?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yea trust me I KNOW EXACTLY what your talking about when it comes to shitty roads. Just dont think for a minute its any better over here in my neck of the woods...:disgust:

I dont think I would of put up w/ it either. I mean I dont mind rubbing, but only to a certain point. Oh well man, your truck is still fucking sick!
:thumbup:

ok ok maybe just a little more? :D

Just see how the xtreme wheels fit...

...Correct me if I'm wrong anybody, xtreme wheels w/ the stock tires is about the same diameter as a 20 w/ a low pro on it? So if the xtremes clear the 20's should clear as well?
Stock Xtremes are about an inch taller in diameter than the 20's I used to run (255/35/20's).

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Every inch counts! Keep going !!
yeaht that....and dood it is lookin good...

i am runnin 3/3 on my zq8 and love the looks..but def going lower this winter...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts