Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am haveing a body shop paint my door handles,and was wondering how would I be able to get in the truck.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pbs= paint ,body shop.Its a local paint and body shop.They will have them for a about 3 days.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
I'll look at my handle from the back when I get in the truck here in a few minutes since I can't remember how the back side of the handle functions. It's been awhile since I have taken a set off. I have the panels off so... yeah.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
PBS?
is that you?
:lmao:

I'll look at my handle from the back when I get in the truck here in a few minutes since I can't remember how the back side of the handle functions. It's been awhile since I have taken a set off. I have the panels off so... yeah.
It's off a cable system.

You would have to have door poppers installed and either hook them up to a button hidden on the truck somewhere or install a remote system to pop them open.

What ever you do, don't let some little Iraqy kid from Arizona @james/Rigo borrow your truck and tell him not to leave the keys in the truck. Cause guess what the first thing he is going to forget to do????????????????

Change Ivan's avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@1BADI5 @ivan29

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol you guys are funny.I guess I could leave the windows cracked far enough to reach in to open.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Here's the cables he is talking about:

closed handle position

open handle position

As you can see, there are two bars/cables there. The one that pushes down opens/unlatches the door and the other is the lock.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
when the handles are off the truck the rod that pushes the latch open is easily reachable to open the door with a push of your first index finger.

doors wont lock from the outside. so your truck is unlocked. or just leave your window down enough to reach inside

y _5_.JPG <--- here is a picture of a door with poppers installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts