Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a quick question. i have ready lift torsion keys installed in my truck. i am wondering if i cranked the bars to get .5'' or maybe an extra full 1'' will that be ok? or will that just cause more stress and be pushing the limits? thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya its 2 wheel drive...i heard all the keys do is re-index the bars, so essentially there isnt any added stress...technically i guess i can crank them as much as you normally could with stock keys. i really only want about 1 more inch

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Post Pics!!!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha i will when i do it!! haha...i need to get the tools and have the time to do it haha...plus i do u think ill need an allignment after? i really doont want to pay for one especially since i just got one when i installed the keys

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
as long as you make the same amount of turns you should be ok. But I would still go get it aligned just cuz thats how I am. Maybe someone else can verify my info.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the plan is when i paint my rims i will probably do it, truck will be on jacks and stuff so it would be a perfect time

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Cranked mine today... Brought the front up level to the back... looks pretty good but the camera was dead. Took me 5 1/2 turns on the drivers side and 3 on the passenger side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts