Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to change the appearance of my truck starting with the front end. Not liking all the chrome anymore. I want to keep the bug deflector there because of the purpose it serves.
The rest of my truck has chrome handles with the rest colour matched, chrome window visors, chrome mirror covers, chrome tail gate handle, and chrome tail light trim. I figure if I'm going to balance the chrome on my truck then some of the chrome on the front end has got to go.
What do you guys think I should do to it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I just gutted all chrome pieces and bought paint grade stuff !!
I hate chrome !!! LMFAO
Good luck on your project !!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Plasti-dip...cheap and can be peeled off if you want to revert back. Otherwise find a good powder coater in your area and send them over for coating.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm more or less looking to balance out the chrome throughout my truck. The front is super heavy with chrome so not sure what I should colour match on the front end to even out the colour to chrome ratio.
If I do change the colour of anything I would be colour matching to the truck as my father in law is a bodyman so I would only need to pay for materials to get it done.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just color match the grille shell then the chrome won't be so heavy and will be separated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just color match the grille shell then the chrome won't be so heavy and will be separated.
That's what I was thinking Just trying to picture in my head how that would look with the chrome bug deflector.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Pretty much what I'm looking for is if you guys had my truck what would you do with it?
Dechrome all the things. Color match everything, including the bumpers. I powder coated mine, and it's the best. Kind of expensive, but better than paint because it won't chip. Get rid of the bug/hood visor. You don't need it, or if you really want it that badly, get one that is clear smoked so that it will not be as noticeable. Ditch the window visors unless you smoke. Ditch the mirror covers and tailgate handle.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dechrome all the things. Color match everything, including the bumpers. I powder coated mine, and it's the best. Kind of expensive, but better than paint because it won't chip. Get rid of the bug/hood visor. You don't need it, or if you really want it that badly, get one that is clear smoked so that it will not be as noticeable. Ditch the window visors unless you smoke. Ditch the mirror covers and tailgate handle.
I second everything that you say! :salute:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the rest of my truck just to give you guys an idea what I'm working with.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'll be removing the chrome tail light covers, colour matching the chrome vent visors and mirror covers, taking the bug deflector off as I plan to get an aftermarket hood eventually anyway, colour matching the tailgate handle, and colour matching the grill.
As for the chrome headlights I'll be replacing those with stock housings with projector retrofit at some point. Unsure what I will be doing with the bumpers at this point.
In school right now so I won't be able to start on this for a little while.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here's the rest of my truck just to give you guys an idea what I'm working with.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'll be removing the chrome tail light covers, colour matching the chrome vent visors and mirror covers, taking the bug deflector off as I plan to get an aftermarket hood eventually anyway, colour matching the tailgate handle, and colour matching the grill.

As for the chrome headlights I'll be replacing those with stock housings with projector retrofit at some point. Unsure what I will be doing with the bumpers at this point.

In school right now so I won't be able to start on this for a little while.

Nice rims. Haha got the same ones in black on my truck. Starting to see more and more 355's with those ???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone tried baking the stocks and taking the Orange corners out to make them chrome any one got a certain degree I should bake them on tips or tricks ? Or where I could just order a set with clear corners with dark housing ?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You need to hit up Dan @un4giv3n

His truck is on the banner at the top of the page. He can hook you up.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I just gutted all chrome pieces and bought paint grade stuff !!
I hate chrome !!! LMFAO
Good luck on your project !!
What they said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts