Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://youtu.be/rRhPyDFkESQ
I've seen a couple of folks on here using tailgate led light bars, I was thinking I could use one in place of my third brake light, mount it at the top of my back window and hard wire it in, probably wire both the tail function and the brake function into the third brake wiring, potentially use the reverse function for the cargo light, or maybe wire it to the reverse lights, and wire the turn signals
the thing I'm worried about is daytime visibility, anybody that has one, is it hard to see in the sunlight? I could see that as a possible safety issue when braking and having someone rear end me haha
also, not sure how they mount, I'm looking at the Plasmaglow Fire & Ice flexible, cut to length bar, are they screw-in, or adhesive(double sided tape)
Let me know what you guys think!

·
Nipple
6,350 Posts
If it's just taking place of the third break light, why would you worry about getting rear ended because someone might not see it? Your taillights still with correct?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
How did you wire this? I've been wanting to do the same thing with mine. Can you wire this right to a trailer harness?
i hard wired mine in and left out the running lights and reverse, since all i wanted was brake and turns. but yeah, you can wire it straight to a trailer harness.. my light bar is mounted upside down for better fitment, so i had to switch the turn signal wires, left is right and right is left.. but it works :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts