Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered 2" bjs, 2" blocks, and the belltech front sway bar!!!...so pumped...one week till install...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i just looked in the jtr crossmember...i didnt realize how much shit you had to do to slap that thing in there...like removing the exhaust...hmmm...thats next on the list and anyone know about jtrs pre-painted roll pans?....

·
Registered
971 Posts
Truck should look good with those parts on it.
I've personally never heard of having to remove the exhaust to put the JTR crossmember on. Maybe I'm mistaken though. I dunno

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just read the instructions on their page...if you go to there install page they have a how-to

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I dont see anything about removing the exhaust.

it says if there isn't enough clearance after you intall it, to loosen two bolts and rotate the exhaust, thats it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
what kind of info were you looking for about the rollpan? I have their painted handles and street scene mirrors and the paint looks awesome and matches perfectly. I don't know if you had questions about the paint or the pan itself. I think it might be sir michaels pan.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh alright yea i wasnt sure if they made the pan them selves or what...cuz if they did, like craftmanship and what not....ive never really looked at pricing out pans/ paint...is that a good deal?....i know it gets rid of my leg work and wait time for the paint shop...

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
cant wait to see that bitch dropped

def get a cross member. i wish i would have. i scrap every where and i got stuck the other day.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah a roll pan with the Xtreme kit is not going to look good. It's going to look unfinished unless you make some kind of trim pieces that connect the side skirts to the roll pan. Someone has made these pieces before but he only made a couple of sets.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Your truck is going to lick sick after the drop. I am with the other fellas in saying the cross member is going to be draggin' like a mofo. I would plan on doing that with the drop, if it were my truck. :high5:

Your new nickname will be snow plow after the drop. :naughty:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
snow plow haha that was my first truck...5/6 drop on an s10 that it actually measured out to being 7/7....couldint fit my fist under the front bumper...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You don't necessarily need a new crossmember for your drop.

Will it be better? Sure. Not necessary though.

However, you will more than likely need the 4201 coils. The stock ones are too soft and you will probably end up rubbing occasionally. The 4201 coils wont drop you, they're just stiffer and will minimize rubbing.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
You don't necessarily need a new crossmember for your drop.

Will it be better? Sure. Not necessary though.

However, you will more than likely need the 4201 coils. The stock ones are too soft and you will probably end up rubbing occasionally. The 4201 coils wont drop you, they're just stiffer and will minimize rubbing.
ROOOOOO-DEEEEEEEE... is the man when it comes to the drops...

I worked on a dude's Xtreme with 3/3 and it rode like a tank and rubbed the front fenders on every bump in the road. LOOKED ABSOLUTELY SICK tho! :naughty:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts