Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has changed to one and how do you like it? My stock is in bad shape I'm just wondering if the main gain off these is the lack of a precat. It shows they are stainless and are priced well, it will be a lil bit before I replace it but just checking to see anyone's input on them. I searched and didn't come up with much.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I ordered mine from Als headers. Stock replacement ceramic coated for $425 shipped back in 2010 when I ordered it. Still going strong.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i've got the ottp i4 header and its been good so far. i think about 6months, ~3k miles heh.
was cheaper than getting a stock manifold since mine was cracked and needed replaced.

comes with the manifold to head gasket, but not the donut gasket or bolts for the collector, but those are cheap enough to get at the hardware store and dealership.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I will prolly put stainless bolts back in the collector, the ac drip has those looking horrible, already broke one when I gutted the precat. I have one manifold bolt broke in the head too. Hopefully it will seal off well enough without having to pay for some machine work. Prolly do a muffler and turn down when I do it and run the second O2 past the muffler. I won't know what to think with a lil back pressure ha, been without cats or muffler and 4" pipe for like 2+ years

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
if that bolt isn't too far in the head, you may be able to weld a hardened washer and nut to it to get it out.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I really don't remember how it looks, I started it all in the evening and didn't have good light when it was going back together. I'm going to pull the heat shield this weekend and seal the crack as best I can for now and look at it

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
If you have a Mig welder you can weld a little tit on there and grab it with channel locks or weld another HARDENED bolt to it and back it out

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
I have had the OTTP header on my 2005 since September of 2011. No issues at all. I just recently had a bolt head break off, but the bolt is sticking out enough my stud remover will probably grab it and spin it right out. I am going to go back with studs when I do it. Skizzo wrote up a good how to on doing the studs. I think if you are going to go with a header, studs are the way to go. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have 2 broken bolts in the head and mine still seals

1 - 11 of 11 Posts