Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m new on this forum but have been building off-road vehicles for some time now. I’m big into jeeps and build a lot of bad ass rigs for people but this time I wanted to build a crew cab small truck for a crazy overland vehicle and I’m not able to afford a new gladiator. So we are starting with a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 I picked up for $1000 with 287k on it. I new I wanted to do a LS swap so I found one with a rod knock. But as luck would have it this one is really clean for the most part other than the back portion of the rocker panels being rusted. Also doing a front solid axle swap with a custom 3 link and Dana 60 up front and a full floater 14 bolt on Chevy half ton leafs put back. So here is the progress so far!

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On its own weight with the 14 bolt swapped in spring over axle on stock leafs…. For now. 37s installed on 17 inch vision wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Front suspension and steering removed. Also chopped off all the control arm and shock mounts. Hopefully tomorrow night I can start grinding and smoothing out the frame and get it ready for frame reinforcements. Also picked up a Jeep jk steering box that be using on this set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 62 Posts