Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The way you notched the crossmember for the lower link rod end , if you made the mount longer would that not been better or would it cause other issues? Looks good you've made a lot of progress!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
The way you notched the crossmember for the lower link rod end , if you made the mount longer would that not been better or would it cause other issues? Looks good you've made a lot of progress!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I wanted the rod ends tucked up as high has I could go with the crossmember at I could get… the Johnny joints are quite large on the o.d. If the crossmember was longer it would of pushed it closer to the t case and the yoke. The arms are 38 inches long which is plenty long… my Jeep TJ has a long arm kit on it and they are only 32 inches long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Mocked up the steering box today.. I wasn’t to thrilled about removing some sheet metal to make it fit but I’ll make it look good when it’s all done.

Y

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Haven’t had much time to post but here is a little update. Steering is all mocked up and track bar is fabricated (kinda). Not sure of the bends that will be needed but length wise it’s mocked up.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Your fab skills are excellent. I enjoy seeing all your updates

I’d really love to have you around my neck of the woods to help me with my SAS. I’m hopeful to start mine this summer after the camping season ends.

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Your fab skills are excellent. I enjoy seeing all your updates

I’d really love to have you around my neck of the woods to help me with my SAS. I’m hopeful to start mine this summer after the camping season ends.
Thank you. Well I try to document everything that way it gives people confidents and a direction to start theirs. All my Jeep builds are very detailed on the build threads.

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Installed the Motobilt Dana 60 diff cover to make sure it clears the track bar bracket. Also mocking up the Jeep Jk air bumps that mount in the Jeep spring mounts on using.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Do you have a measurement of how wide the frame is from outside to outside? With my narrower axles I may have to rethink my coil spring mounting points on the frame.

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Do you have a measurement of how wide the frame is from outside to outside? With my narrower axles I may have to rethink my coil spring mounting points on the frame.
It should be about 33-34 inches. I can check tomorrow for a measurement.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Thanks, I was thinking about that. I have measured it at other spots and it is wider, but measuring right where the axle would sit is kind of hard on a daily that you have to use until you get ready to do the swap.

·
Registered
2005 Colorado
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Thanks, I was thinking about that. I have measured it at other spots and it is wider, but measuring right where the axle would sit is kind of hard on a daily that you have to use until you get ready to do the swap.
It is 32 inches on the outside of the frame.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts