Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whos got em??

i just installed one from a 98-01 (i think) subaru forester. isnt a perfect color match but looks decent and can always paint it in the future. all i have left to do is wire it up but i need to fix the clock on it first.

pics to follow (im on dial up currently so when i get on something faster it'll be up)

so whats anyone else have?
:salute:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
was thinking about one.. but never fig out how to mount one and from which car to get it from

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest i never thought it through other than how wide it needed to be. i fabbed up a support system using an old yark stick, chunks of mdf, two zipties, one screw, and a lil duct tape (shhhh dont tell anyone). there is a supprising amount of room between our headliners and roof so you def do have 3" or so to play with up in there. crap i gtg get pics up...

·
Registered
893 Posts
This I gotta see

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok got the photos up, 20 mins to load 3 pics...ugh

heres the "support system"

i layed some speaker box carpeting over it for rattle or w/e that could come from it. no probs at all even with the bass cranked.

and the final product:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys. yeh i think im def gonna have to paint it when i take it back down to wire up the clock and lighting.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd paint it the same color as the "Oh Shit!" bars.
yeh. either that or the o shit handles, center light and other ceiling things will all become the same gloss black that my interior panels are.

·
Registered
893 Posts
And by all means necessary fix the well rigged mounting system. I'd hate to be the one rolling down the highway when "Oh Shit" the overhead console gets a mind of it's own and comes untaped.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Do me a favor and tell me how larger the clock space is. I might do this mod and stick me Valentine 1 remote display into it in place of the clock. :D

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
ok got the photos up, 20 mins to load 3 pics...ugh

heres the "support system"
I have to admit I laughed a little here.

i fabbed up a support system using an old yark stick, chunks of mdf, two zipties, one screw, and a lil duct tape .
This sounds like something nasa does when something is wrong in space and they have to fix it with whatever they can find in the shuttle.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
looks good, but I have one question.

who has yard sticks laying around?

·
Registered
297 Posts
man take your god damn time!!!! don't you love your truck? nah jk. lol

i like how it turned out. looks somewhat factory. good job

but seriously i would redo that "support system".

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I think the final product looks great! As long as it stays up there, who care what it looks like... :shrug: Nice job.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts