Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
The best advice here is buy the best quality parts you can afford or you may have to learn to live with under performing knock offs . Remember , the money savings is in the labor cost of you doing the repair versus having a shop or dealership do it for you . ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are some decent aftermarket parts available, but like AC Delco they are not low priced bargain parts, you get what you pay for,,,,,usually! Sensors and engine parts are usually best kept to GM/AC Delco, I needed a new water pump a few months ago and grabbed a cheap one from NAPA which ended up not being capable of flowing enough coolant, I later installed a AC Delco water pump and viola' no more hot conditions. But with bearings, ball joints and tie rod parts I always use MOOG (because of the zerk fittings).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked your radiator cap? A bad cap will not allow it to build up to the proper pressure and cause it to run hot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What do these trucks usally run at? I'm in Arizona and it gets to the notch above half but never usally hotter. Gonna check all these things people have mentioned tho. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Mine (2010 V8) runs 191-193 under cruise, Can get to 210 in hot weather and traffic, At cruise it is a notch or so under halfway.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts