Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
badlandindustries.com
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's only a handful of trucks on here that would fall under this category but I feel it a worthy discussion for all. Lifted guys and even the weekend warrior can benefit from this discussion and the mods here-in.
Definition: a capable vehicle set up for self contained/sustained long term off highway travel.
Whatever your purpose, this thread will be used to share pics of your rigs and how they're set, up as well as mods you've seen on other expo rigs. Also post up your trips you're going on and pics once you get back.

·
badlandindustries.com
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As for my truck I plan to make it highly capable and reliable by replacing the entire driveline system with a Gm 12 bolt and full size Dana 44 front axle. The axles will have lockers and strengthened so I don't get stuck or break something out on the trail. I plan to run 4.88s with 35 inch tires for better ground clearance and traction. I'll be completing the bed cage making it into more of an enclosable space for sleeping and storage. A full size spare and Jerry cans will be stored on a dual swing gate. Front receiver and tube bumper for protection and recovery. Interior will include overhead console with switch controls for the exterior lighting and misc storage. Cb, radio, screen for front and rear facing cameras. A ton more of little mods to make the truck more capable, comfortable, and flat out badazz. Oh and I have chosen on "badlander" as the theme /name of my build

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This topic is relevant to my interests.

A midsize pickup is such a great platform to start with for "expedition" style builds.

Personally, I've found that I get by pretty well in my mostly stock truck. 4" of lift and skid plates have gotten me where I want to go. Most of my trips are 4 days or less, and I sleep in a ground tent. I don't need a roof basket and a custom made mount for an axe to have a good time. :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Glad you started this thread Kevin! Our trucks will be set up almost exactly the same. My truck will have dana 44 up front stock rear with soa for now (until the stocker gives out) 35s the tallest tire I'll go for now. no bed cage. Front and rear tube bumpers will be made in about a week or so. Also building a rack for my camper shell with led bars on both sides and rear (setting up camp at night) and just extra light. My truck will still be my daily driver until I find a beater honda to back and forth to work. We should get together and hit the rubicon or some near by trails since were not to far from each other

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
onelow1ton had the perfect rig for this

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah mine won't be done till next summer. Beginning of the summer hopefully! And are you talking a transfer case or whole axle?

·
Registered
480 Posts
How much? And is it passenger or driver side drop? I'm not doing a whole new tcase I'm using the stocker for now till I don't have to daily it anymore. Have any of you guys checked out wayalife? It's on youtube you guys should check it out

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Expedition Portal is a great site for this kind of stuff.

And this is definitely my kind of wheeling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts