Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally finished the MOD bug on my Honda CBR600rr, and I have moved on over to my truck now, and I wish I would have started when I bought this truck back in October 2011.

Here are few things I've done to my truck this month.

Installed my CB Radio, I pulled off the Bezel and mounted it to that.

Used a thin sheet of metal along with some 1/8" foam to act as a bushing to not put stress on the bezel plastic.

Here is the antenna mount, its a 3' firestik antenna, and a firestik mount. I had to drill two holes, one in the bed rail and another in wall of bed to fit the coaxial cable.

I just need to get some black silicone to plug the hole that was drilled for the coaxial cable.
And of course when you have a CB Radio you need a PA Speaker. I mounted the speaker right next to the driver side head light. I had to take my Dremel to it to make it fit just right.

I also installed two switches for my Light Bar that I will be installing once I get my new BullMaxx that Larry is making over at SuspensionMaxx, and the other one is for LED lights that go under the bed rails.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Re: The Past Month has been Mod Month

That PA speaker up front would be awesome!

"Move over please!" while driving behind a slow person in the fast lane...

One in the rear would be hilarious too...

"Please stop tailgating me. I'm not going to drive any faster."

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nice work. Love the bedrail LEDs.
Thanks man!

That PA speaker up front would be awesome!

"Move over please!" while driving behind a slow person in the fast lane...

One in the rear would be hilarious too...

"Please stop tailgating me. I'm not going to drive any faster."
Yeah for real, mostly to tell punk ass pre-teens in my neighborhood to get out of the street, but my air horn works pretty well for that too.

I'm getting a set like that for my truck:
That is the kit I installed.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

Where did you pull your power for the CD from? Switched? Any static?

·
Registered
26 Posts

Nice truck. I was really digging it until I saw the Jayhawk on the back window, at that point it might as well be a Ford.

Good work though, and with my new tonneau cover I've been looking for a set of under rail LEDs.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Where did you pull your power for the CD from? Switched? Any static?
I pulled the power for the CB straight from the battery. And I still have to tune it, but there hasn't been too much static, I have to play with the squelch a little bit. I'll let you know once I have tuned it properly.

Nice truck. I was really digging it until I saw the Jayhawk on the back window, at that point it might as well be a Ford.

Good work though, and with my new tonneau cover I've been looking for a set of under rail LEDs.
haha Thanks man, I'm assuming you are a Mizzou fan...

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

I pulled the power for the CB straight from the battery. And I still have to tune it, but there hasn't been too much static, I have to play with the squelch a little bit. I'll let you know once I have tuned it properly...
Look forward to seeing how you make out with final setup. Most of my traveling is in noisy areas that causes lots of my static I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just received my new BullMaxx from Suspensionmaxx, and got it back from Line-X. Installed my Olympus Zues 20" LED Light Bar.

I also swung by the local radio shack and bought the SWR meter so I can finally tune my CB. I'll be doing that next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts

Never noticed the bed extinguisher -- good idea & location. What mount did you use?

I also like where you put the covered toggle switches. Wished I had thought of that location.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Past Month has been Mod Month

Never noticed the bed extinguisher -- good idea & location. What mount did you use?

I also like where you put the covered toggle switches. Wished I had thought of that location.

I bought it and it came with a mount, I just drilled 4 holes and riveted it the bed.

Thanks man! Behind the switches I had to Dremel out some plastic behind the panel to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The Past Month has been Mod Month

Just ordered some quad pods from Olympus off-road and I'll be doing a hood mount.

Bought new LED bulbs for everything, switchback bulbs, waiting on those in the mail, got in on the Redline hood strut buy...delivered tomorrow.

I'm going to have a fun filled Friday getting all these things installed.

And I just found H3 seats (cloth, manual) front and rear for under $250. Seriously debating on buying those...

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts

Just ordered some quad pods from Olympus off-road and I'll be doing a hood mount.

Bought new LED bulbs for everything, switchback bulbs, waiting on those in the mail, got in on the Redline hood strut buy...delivered tomorrow.

I'm going to have a fun filled Friday getting all these things installed.

And I just found H3 seats (cloth, manual) front and rear for under $250. Seriously debating on buying those...
Glad you got in on the hood strut buy, and I don't think you'll regret those seats, I know I would spend 250 right now for them. I usually only follow the lowered threads, but yours keeps me interested. In for updates and possible ideas to steal! :D

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

So glad I got in on that Hood Strut buy...should have done that years ago! Highly recommend those to anyone!

And probably the most frustrating thing I have ever ventured to put on my truck the Olympus Offroad quad LED pods. I wasn't a fan of the mounting brackets they came with and after fabricating 2 different mounts neither were exactly what I was looking for. So I ended up using the stock mounts and modified with a dremel :shoot me: I had to drill 2 holes for the mounting as well.
Here's the lights and the finished product.

I just wired the harness for the quad pods to the switch with the 20" light bar. I'll post a picture of all the lights on once it gets dark tonight.
I also modified my front blinkers, so DRL next to the blinker now work opposite of each other, super easy mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb6D9PYquWA

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

Sweet lights...your truck has that "Smiley face" look so...it's happy, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sweet lights...your truck has that "Smiley face" look so...it's happy, right? ;)
haha I didn't even notice.

So I got super drunk last night...so needless to say I didn't get those at night pictures...probably won't tonight..but I'll try.

Happy 4th of July! Merica:355::birthday:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts