Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been throwing both of these codes for quite a long time now. My truck doesn't run rough, has a smooth idle and everything. It's a 2006 Colorado, crew cab with the I4. I've done my research and checked everything that I could to try and clear this code.

I've replaced the following sensor back in July...

I've also checked the camshaft position sensor as well, but all seems well.

Am I missing something here? I'd prefer to do the work myself if I can instead of having to pay a mechanic to this for me.

Do I need to do a case relearn at a dealer since I replaced that one part in particular?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Check the wires going into the connector. On my son's Colorado, the wires were broken. We had to rebuild the connector to fix the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had my oil flushed already... Replaced the variable timing solenoid as well but still no luck. I have yet to trace the wires to determine where to connect for a continuity test. I did however disconnect the wires from the solenoid to do a little test. I started her up and she ran as if the solenoid was still connected... Meaning, running with or without the solenoid connected led to the same outcome... She ran just fine with no hiccups, hesitations or stalls. This probably isn't a conclusive test, but would this somehow lead to the fact that there might be wire damage or disconnect somewhere?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is interested in my resolution. After getting the oil flushed and replaced, as well as replacing the variable timing solenoid under manufacturer warranty... My CEL has turned off finally. After driving for roughly 150 miles, I'm assuming that gave the computer enough time to learn the new solenoid.

End result to resolve a pesky P0013/P0014 code.. Flush oil system, replace variable timing solenoid and drive for at least 150 miles and reset the computer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts