Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my truck decided to throw a bunch of codes at me this week, both CEL and ABS/STAB, but I'll start with the CEL though.
I got the P0014 code, so I researched the problem, and replaced the VVT Solenoid with a Dorman replacement part, then cleared the code. Unfortunately the code came back and I'm wondering what to do next.

Is there any way to test the wiring harness or part for electrical issues?

I have a GM VVT Solenoid, an ACDelco 213-4223 Camshaft Position Sensor, and an ACDelco 213-4208 Crankshaft Position Sensor in my amazon cart now, but I want to rule out other options before I throw parts at it.

Also, just in case this would have an effect on it, my truck had a CEL for the o2 sensor in the catalytic converter, so I installed a sensor spacer (obviously not a fix, just mentioning it in case that could have an effect on the exhaust cam timing).

Thanks

·
Registered
04, 05, 12 colorado.
24 Posts
What about changing the camshaft sensor. Sorry, didn’t see that I. The list
I don’t know how to delete comments. But if you go the route of changing cam sensors just remember there are 2 Since I didn’t see that on the list of parts you’re getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t know how to delete comments. But if you go the route of changing cam sensors just remember there are 2 Since I didn’t see that on the list of parts you’re getting.
Will I have to replace both, or just the one for the exhaust cam?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the exhaust cam shaft position sensor, there was some oily/metallic buildup on it so I hope that was the issue. I cleared the CEL and will check back if it comes on again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts