Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chevy Colorado 2.8L 4 cylinder that just rolled over to 143k miles on it. I have owned this truck right around 4 months, has always had the intermittent P0017 code, but never affected the way the truck drove. I purchased it here in Florida, drove it to Colorado and then back to Florida (Putting around 8000 miles on the truck).

As of the last month or so, it's developed an issue when slowing down, the RPMs will drop down to 500 or below and will keep doing so, until you've come to a complete stop and it's worse when the AC is running, to the point the truck will shut off in the middle of a turn. I have replaced the VVT solenoid on it and it does have a slight timing chain rattle at start up, but I don't hear it.

I don't want to keep throwing money at this truck if a catastrophic failure is going to happen. I'm looking for some input on where I should proceed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your throttle body may be dirty requiring some cleaning. I would try that first, as well as the map sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The actuator on the exhaust cam is probably sticking or wore out it has a lock pin that is actuated by oil pressure . And advances the timing to help fuel economy. It could be returning to the 0 degree position but be going to far. This option is last resort cause it requires tearing the engine down to get to it for testing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts