Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Again, I'd like to express my sincere thanks for suggestions and comments pertaining to my earlier gaffe, the details of which can be found here. That would be the thread where yours truly torqued off the bolt heads holding the water pump to the engine. Good job, Johnny. Moving on....

Since the self-inflected bolt-head crises, and resulting deflated wallet, my truck now surges. As in, I'm driving the interstate at 70 and all of a sudden, the RPM's will drop 800-1000 and the power cuts out. Almost immediately, it will return to where it's supposed to be and the cycle may repeat for a few times. It also happens around town, if I'm in the 30-40 mph range driving kind of steady.

Stopped at O'Reilly, and they pulled a p0106 code; although the CEL was not on at the time. There are no other codes stored. (Code Definition: MAP Sensor Performance)

So, I replaced the MAP sensor with a spankin' new one. The problem has not gone away. I am having some trouble believing the problem is related to the removal and replacement of the timing cover (and oil pan, and crank seal gasket, etc.) but I suppose it's possible. I have also since replaced the battery, since it croaked over the weekend.

Any thoughts?
thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I replaced the MAP sensor, as mentioned. I don't have the code anymore, but I still have major surging issues. Any suggestions? I'm at 99,875 miles. I have new plugs, but have not installed them yet. I was planning to do the plugs, clean the throttle body intake, and perhaps try to clean the MAF sensor (can I do that?). Any other thoughts?

thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A follow-up, in case anyone has similar experiences. The truck turned 100,000 yesterday, btw.

This is what I've done:

• Replaced the MAP sensor
  • Cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF Sensor Cleaner
  • Cleaned the Throttle Body Intake
  • Changed the Spark Plugs
  • Replaced the air filter

So far, so good. I've not noticed the surging around town, but I'll know more once I hit the freeway and drive for a few miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts