Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past couple of months I have got this code a couple of times.

I ended up buying the o2 sensor to replace it, but wasn't sure if it was upstream or downstream. Another thing I was wondering, is there some sort of diagram to show precisely where this sensor is?

Additionally, instead of starting a new thread, my "doors" indicator has been staying on. I have walked around to each door to see if I can press the button and it will turn off. This hasnt happened. Is there a better way to figure out which of the 4 doors is causing the issues besides replacing them one at a time?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
:welcome2:
Bank 1 Sensor 2 would be the "downstream" sensor. I don't have a diagram, but both of the sensors should be located in the exhaust manifold, one before the converter and one after the converter. To check the door switches you can remove them, one at a time, and disconnect the connector. The switches are mounted with only one screw (Torx on mine).

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Ya it should be the second sensor code but there are several things other than the sensor that can cause it to throw.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

Another thing I was wondering, is there some sort of diagram to show precisely where this sensor is?

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=436528&ukey_product=2667373

Bank One:
Item Number: 014
Part Number: 12573721
Description: SENSOR. Computer Control Sensors
SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 1)(IN EXH MANIFOLD/CROSSOVER)(ACDelco #213-1570). Required: 01
For: ST1 PLANT OPERATION(JJA) (2004-2005) (2004 - 2005).

Bank Two:
Item Number: 007
Part Number: 12578624
SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 2)(POST CONVERTER)(ACDelco #213-1574). Required: 01

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Plugs, coil pack(s), if it's ever been tuned and runs too rich or lean, or if the catalytic converter is still in tact and it has a good bit of miles it could have some build up in it, the more a truck idles and is kept at low rpms the more chance of it. If you replaced the sensor and it's still throwing I would pull the plugs and check them out if they have been ran a while. All the emissions crap on vehicles makes it a goose chase anymore to track one thing down when something as simple as a loose gas cap can cause it to run bad. I replaced about $300 in parts and sensors when mine turned out to be a cracked manifold. It was throwing misfire and O2 sensors codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, alright. I'll do that.

Not all the time, but when slowing from highway speeds and braking, it will drop to about 400rpm and bounce to 600-700 and feel a little rough. If I put it in park, it idles nice and smooth. Only once, it smelled pretty rich on a cold startup, but I assumed that's just because it's a cold start. I think that's when the light popped on.

Since I just got it in December, I was waiting until it got warmer out and replace plugs and all that just to start fresh with my own maintenance schedule.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts

EXHAUST SYSTEM | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Bank One:
Item Number: 014
Part Number: 12573721
SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 1)(IN EXH MANIFOLD/CROSSOVER)(ACDelco #213-1570). Required: 01

Bank Two:
Item Number: 007
Part Number: 12578624
SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 2)(POST CONVERTER)(ACDelco #213-1574). Required: 01
That's only 07 and back though right? Both of mine are in the manifold, 2008 model

1 - 14 of 14 Posts