Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
My 2005 Colorado with a 4 Cylinder and about 135k on the motor, the engine light came on and I read the code as P0171. I changed the MAF Sensor and Fuel filter as those were the common problems. When I did this, the light went out for a few weeks. It came on the other day, so I drove it home. When I went out to start it the next day, no light. I am a bit confused, did the problem fix itself? I am going to take it to the mechanic anyway, but looking for input from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Dino

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would drive it until the light came on again and then take it to the mechanic. It might not come back.
I had a P0420 code, changed both O2 sensors, code came back at least every other drive. Put non-foulers on the lower O2 sensor, reset the code and all was good again. Several days later I looked down as I pulled into the garage and the light was back. Didn’t reset the code then and when I drove the next day it was gone and hasn’t come back. So, I suppose the code cleared itself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I am going to drive it a bit and see. I think I am going to take it in anyway, it is in need of some service. Thanks again. RR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts