Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time I've had this code now. I had the intake off the other day when I was checking all the wiring for the remote start, and later on when I was driving the CEL came on. Originally thought it was just because I had started the truck while it was still apart but once I erased it it came back again.

This same thing happened to me the first time I did the wiring, when I took it into the dealership they said one of the injectors was clogged and they ran some cleaner through it. Obviously now I realize it wasn't just a coincidence, I just had an idea of what it was though. There is a hose that runs off the bottom of the Vortec box, and I think I didn't plug it back in when I put it back on. Before I look at it later do you guys think this is the problem or is it something else? This wouldn't cause any damage would it?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
That hose being off would most definitely cause this CEL.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Probably not a bad idea to have the idiots at Trash Auto do it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Probably not a bad idea to have the idiots at Trash Auto do it.
As soon as I started the truck it went away :D

Actually I went there to have them read it when I first saw it and he said they were not allowed to delete them. So he handed the reader to me and I pressed the erase key. And trust me I wouldn't have those idiots go anywhere near my truck without me watching! :mav:

·
Registered
393 Posts
My gf's cobalt keeps throwin this code and its driving me nuts. She drove it through a puddle back in december (See Here http://www.355nation.net/forum/off-topic/4385-cobalt-engine-trouble.html). After the dealer told her she needed $200 in parts and they hadnt even scratched the surface yet she decided to call her ins. co. Luckily she had flood insurace and wen the dealer heard they were sending an adjuster miraculously the car was fine and it just needed an oil change and an engine flush. Well after they gave it back to her it was fine and the CEL was off. The next day it pops on and i check it. It was p0171 and i figured the MAF sensor was prolly still dirty. I took it out and sure enough the intake was still covered in sand. I cleaned up the MAF and the intake and cleared the code and it stayed off for about a day. Now it goes on and off randomly while shes drivin and it usually tends to stay off more when its warmer out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts