Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I have an 06 Colorado 3.5L 5 speed, 164k miles. Today when i was on the interstate i began to notice the truck started lurching when i was going up hills in 4th/5th gear between 45-75 mph. I thought it was my clutch slipping, but after a few occurrences my CEL came on and code p0030 came up.

It isn't much help because it doesn't state what cylinder the misfire is in. The truck has never done this before. It happened for around 15 minutes then I pulled over to get fuel, started the truck back up and it hasn't happened in the last 67 miles since i returned home.

The misfire did not occur at higher RPM's, only lower RPM's and while the truck was under a load going up a hill.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem and had any clue on where to start diagnosing the problem?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Maybe start with cleaning your throttle body. PERHAPS it caused the truck to run erratically resulting in a random misfire.

I do not recall exactly, but the 300 code might be random cylinder misfire. I think it's 01, 02, etc for the different cylinders.

If you get bored before the next response, you can search the internet for your code number. I'm sure it will give you a result.

If the throttle body has never been cleaned before, it's likely due anyway. The conditions you commented on under load could indeed be airflow problems.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As 08Canyon stated, the P0300 code is a random misfire code. P0301, P0302, etc is the code for the respective cylinder.

How did you pull the code? I keep a cheap code reader in my truck. It will read the P0300 code but will not identify which cylinder (ie P0301.) I have a better reader at home which will identify the cylinder code if it is being throw. The auto parts stores code readers are usually good enough to specify which cylinder is misfiring if it is indeed more than just a random misfire.

If you have not cleaned your throttle body, I would do that. It might not be the problem, but it's past time to clean it anyway if you have not done it yet @ 164K miles.

How many miles do you have on your plugs? It might be time to change them if it has been a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts