Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, some of you seen pics of the OBX header I posted on facebook. Okay here the issue I replaced the exhaust manifold with a header. I replaced my bank 1 sensor with a new one (oem) and I'm still throwing that code... I put a non Fowler to space out the sensor (used 2) and it's still throwing a cel. It usually kicks on after a day or 2, I need to get my inspection sticker, they wont pass it because I need to put about 100 miles on it to clear, but I can't because it will throw the code. I don't know if it's even caused by the header or is it something else? I know it's for emissions... I don't know what else to do.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I used 2 non foulers for the second (under the truck) o2 sensor. This is how I stacked them in the pipe. Stock fouler--modified drilled out fouler-- then the o2. Worked for the 2008. Is your set up the same?

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
The first o2 sensor you leave alone, you want the non fouler on the second o2 sensor. If you spaced out the first it will certainly throw a code because it uses that for fuel calculations and it must be in an uninterrupted exhaust flow to read properly. The second is for emissions.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:355group:
The first o2 sensor you leave alone, you want the non fouler on the second o2 sensor. If you spaced out the first it will certainly throw a code because it uses that for fuel calculations and it must be in an uninterrupted exhaust flow to read properly. The second is for emissions.
Thanks man I will try that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts