1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Colorado z71
3.7L 5-Cylinder
80,000 miles

well i got my first CEL code yesterday and stayed up all freakin night doing research on how to resolve it.

any of you guys actually got this code resolved by replacing the exhaust manifold with an aftermarket header? If im going to be paying $300+ for a OEM style replacement, i might as well through an extra 100 for a header and elimiate the 1st cat along and install new o2 sensors..

OBX headers?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The P0420 code is a catalyst system efficiency problem and removing any cat will make this problem worse.

I would install this spacer to move the rear O2 monitoring sensor out of the exhaust stream and avoid this cel code.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The P0420 code is a catalyst system efficiency problem and removing any cat will make this problem worse.

I would install this spacer to move the rear O2 monitoring sensor out of the exhaust stream and avoid this cel code.
what about a gutted cat and o2 non fouler mod? i dont mind openening up the flow a bit

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
If your searching for more power the OBX headers would be a good choice and keep the rear catalyst intact to keep it smog legal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your searching for more power the OBX headers would be a good choice and keep the rear catalyst intact to keep it smog legal.
i was looking at the OBX headers as a possible replacement. we got rid of emissions where i live a couple years ago so i can mod the crap out of the truck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm.. i cleared the code using the OBD2 scanner during my lunch break and surprisingly the code hasnt come back. im crossing my fingers that it wont :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts