Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
... How many miles on the O2 sensor that is currently installed. The recommended replacement interval is 100,000 mi.
And they often are returning a badly incorrect signal by 60-70K.
Not dead, not totally fubar , but no longer reading correctly.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
And they often are returning a badly incorrect signal by 60-70K.
Not dead, not totally fubar , but no longer reading correctly.
And they are a lot cheaper than a cat

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got 150000 miles truck runs great bought it with15k and have only changed thermostat and evap cannister all fluids have been maintained on point and regular maintenance of course

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
My suggestion would be to replace both O2 sensors and see if that fixes the problem. They are both way overdue anyway. ACDelco sensors are probably priced best at rockauto.com or Amazon. The #1, upstream, sensor is ACDelco 213-3207, GM PN 12592592. The #2 (downstream) sensor is ACDelco 213-3139, GM PN 12585999.

Aftermarket sensors are also available at RockAuto and Amazon or at most local parts stores.

Note: Your gas mileage might even improve. The ECM uses the #1 sensor signal to adjust the air/fuel ratio and a deteriorated sensor can affect the signal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My suggestion would be to replace both O2 sensors and see if that fixes the problem. They are both way overdue anyway. ACDelco sensors are probably priced best at rockauto.com or Amazon. The #1, upstream, sensor is ACDelco 213-3207, GM PN 12592592. The #2 (downstream) sensor is ACDelco 213-3139, GM PN 12585999.

Aftermarket sensors are also available at RockAuto and Amazon or at most local parts stores.
thanks brother much appreciated

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had the P0420 code for a while. I replaced my downstream O2 sensor 4 weeks ago and the code has not come back.

I bought the Denso for $52 @ Advanced Auto Parts and used their $20 off $50 code. There was a $10 rebate @ AAP at the time. Cheap fix even without the rebate.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Bosch makes a good one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.