Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this code yesterday after taking care of p0449 and p0128 do I need to replace second cat or do I need a new o2 sensor?

·
Registered
423 Posts
The 02 sensor was deprived from oxygen with all the weed smoke on 420. Sorry, just had to say it.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
It could be either or both. How many miles on the O2 sensor that is currently installed. The recommended replacement interval is 100,000 mi.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
... How many miles on the O2 sensor that is currently installed. The recommended replacement interval is 100,000 mi.
And they often are returning a badly incorrect signal by 60-70K.
Not dead, not totally fubar , but no longer reading correctly.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
And they often are returning a badly incorrect signal by 60-70K.
Not dead, not totally fubar , but no longer reading correctly.
And they are a lot cheaper than a cat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got 150000 miles truck runs great bought it with15k and have only changed thermostat and evap cannister all fluids have been maintained on point and regular maintenance of course

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
My suggestion would be to replace both O2 sensors and see if that fixes the problem. They are both way overdue anyway. ACDelco sensors are probably priced best at rockauto.com or Amazon. The #1, upstream, sensor is ACDelco 213-3207, GM PN 12592592. The #2 (downstream) sensor is ACDelco 213-3139, GM PN 12585999.

Aftermarket sensors are also available at RockAuto and Amazon or at most local parts stores.

Note: Your gas mileage might even improve. The ECM uses the #1 sensor signal to adjust the air/fuel ratio and a deteriorated sensor can affect the signal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My suggestion would be to replace both O2 sensors and see if that fixes the problem. They are both way overdue anyway. ACDelco sensors are probably priced best at rockauto.com or Amazon. The #1, upstream, sensor is ACDelco 213-3207, GM PN 12592592. The #2 (downstream) sensor is ACDelco 213-3139, GM PN 12585999.

Aftermarket sensors are also available at RockAuto and Amazon or at most local parts stores.
thanks brother much appreciated

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the P0420 code for a while. I replaced my downstream O2 sensor 4 weeks ago and the code has not come back.

I bought the Denso for $52 @ Advanced Auto Parts and used their $20 off $50 code. There was a $10 rebate @ AAP at the time. Cheap fix even without the rebate.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an 06 crew cab I4, with 180k miles. I replaced both O2 sensors when this code came up a couple weeks ago, and that didn't clear it. I ended up replacing the 2nd cat which cleared the code.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I replaced my second cat about a year ago thats why im skeptical about the cat being the issue i finally had my dash clear of lights f**k

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Bosch makes a good one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts