Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I get up drive to the gym, work out, go home, get ready for work and start driving to work. I noticed my CEL came on. So I'm like WTF?! Now my mind is running all over the place cuz of the accident. I'm thinking they forgot something or something else broke due to the accident.

It was a nerve wracking ride to work cuz we are getting dumped on today 8-10" of snow. Well I make it to work ok (thank you 4x4:)) I took my truck to Auto Zone during my lunch break to have them scan the code. (Auto Zone will do it free. The stealership wanted $15) Ended up being a P0506 error. The guy said it was idling too low. Tried looking it up and it seems like it could be the problem.

This worries me because I think I read something somewhere about the '05s having some problem that makes them idle low.

My question is: What can I do about it? Can I fix it myself? Could the repair shop have f'ed something up?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Try cleaning the throttlebody. If that doesn't take care of it there is an update that you may need that bumps the RPM idle from 600 to 650.

I bet it's the throttlebody though.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. How would I go about doing that? Any special way/fluid?

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beautiful. Thanks guys :355:

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome. I couldn;t get it done last night due to me falling asleep right after dinner but hopefully I'll get it tonight. I picked up STP TB and Air cleaner last night. Maybe I'll get my belt done tonight too :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
git-r-done

·
Registered
131 Posts
My truck had the same code, I believe. Was it the IAC circuit or something like that? The CEL was on in my truck before and right after I got it, but hasn't came on since the morning I moved to Wyoming. Mebbe doing 80 down the highway pratically the entire time cleaned it out. >.<

·
Registered
528 Posts
if it's not that then check your spark plugs and make sure they aren't loose because that could also cause the same problem

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops I completely forgot about this thread. :lol: Well I cleaned the TB a while ago and everything is working fine. the code hasn't been thrown again. I had some problems with the belt. I couldn't figure out how to get it off. I went to the stealership after he tried to explain it to me for an hour. I'm a visual guy. I need to see it or do it to understand. :shrug: But I guess there is a small square hole that you just put the 3/8" ratchet in and crank away. That has yet to be done but everything is running smooth now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts