Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member I need some help my truck 08 colorado lt 4x4 3.7 runs rough if I let it sit for 3 hours start it up runs like it's goin to die for 10 seconds then it's fine if I let it sit overnight it will run just a little rough the next day not really noticeable just today I got a cel for p0601 engine control module memory chek sum error I have changed the following with no luck
5 new ac delco coil packs
5 new ac delco iridium spark plugs
Cleaned throttle body
Cleaned maf
New map sensor
I have a cold air intake
New cam solonoid (which everyone said is deff te problem) wasent btw
And various other small things please help I'm tired of this 134,xxx

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The P0601 code is most likely a PCM defective RAM error warning caused by a faulty control module.

I would start searching for another used or new PCM and perform a crank sensor relearn along with the vehicle anti-theft system relearn after its replaced.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Yes... are there any other codes besides the P0601?

When searching for a used PCM they usually cost around $30 to $50 and you'll need to match the top & bottom part numbers located on the back panel with your old unit. A new or remanufactured PCM will cost around $210 or more and will need to be programmed with the latest calibration software from the AC Delco TIS2WEB site using a Tech-2 or MDI J2534 compatible device.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Then its most likely a defective PCM with an internal RAM problem.

If you had a bunch of other codes you need to check both fender ground splice packs for corrosion and see if the pins are backing out of the PCM connectors.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Check the applicable grounds. The ground for the ECM is G102, located on the left lower side of the engine block. There should be three ground points in a row. G102 is the aft one. Check the ground that goes from the engine to the body. Make sure the battery cable is clean and secure. Remove the ECM connectors and check for possible corrosion on the pins. You might want to use a good light as fretting corrosion is sometimes hard to detect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts