Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just purchased a used 2005 Colorado. I was wondering if i could meet with someone to compare the idle on these vehicles. Im trying to find out if the idle shake with out the ses light going on is normal or if its the begining of the end. Beer would be on me. Thanks

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,947 Posts
Yea.. pa is a big state

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'm staying in doylestown at the days inn.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'm working in lambertville, nj rebuilding a power line into a sub their expanding. I'll be here til next year sometime as far as I know. Staying here cause it was the cheapest/nicest place we could find lol.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Nexstar, I will be in Sinking Springs on Thur, at my Daughters.
what seems to be your prob ? have you cleaned you TB and Maf ?
if dirty they will mess up your idle, what eng do you nave ?
look in the how to do section it explains how to do it.
do you have any codes in your PCM ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nexstar, I will be in Sinking Springs on Thur, at my Daughters.
what seems to be your prob ? have you cleaned you TB and Maf ?
if dirty they will mess up your idle, what eng do you nave ?
look in the how to do section it explains how to do it.
do you have any codes in your PCM ?
cleaned the maf and tb. changed the air filter in one sitting. checked the camshaft sensor, no oil in the sensor conection. the idle makes the car vibrates. i just want to compare. the mechanic where i purchased said there all like that. cant believe gm would make a car with an idle like that. ive had vw's jeeps and a 2006 gto

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just for shits and giggles i changed the cam sensor and up graded the plugs, Still a crappy idle. Have a great thanksgiving everyone.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Was the head ever changed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Was the head ever changed?
cant tell if the head was touched. i did spray cleaner into the tb in where a type of hose that goes in. also cleaned out the sensor to the left of the master cylinder. it sits on top of a plastic shroud also i found a hose that was loose that comes out of the right side of the plenum box that connects to the tb. the hose is rigid and connects to a small canister. after all that the idle feels better. but i think it could be better

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey man, I'm in Philly. I can't drive due to a recent auto accident. My truck has rough idle on cold mornings. I'm getting supermod's upgrades which will probably clear all of my issues up. I'm home and out of work for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey man, I'm in Philly. I can't drive due to a recent auto accident. My truck has rough idle on cold mornings. I'm getting supermod's upgrades which will probably clear all of my issues up. I'm home and out of work for a while.
thats cool. let me know how the mods go

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I wanna go

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
There any trails around doylestown area to play in?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts