Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what could I do to make my paint look new? I have already claybared, wetsand, waxed my car. Anything else i can do?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
Buff and polish

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i have not polished. What product should i use and in what order should i do it in. Like wash, claybar, polish, then wax or what?

·
Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
You need to know how to identify what condition the paint is in. Is it oxidized,is it scratched, is it faded, was it repainted before. Also need to be able to tell if the paint can actually come back. These things are learned with expirence. The paint has to completely free of dirt. then you will have to determine what type of pad to buff with, wool/foam? buffing takes skill. does it need compound or polish, sometimes both the pad has to stay flat to the surface 1200-1400 rpm's use the wool pad to remove deeper scratches with compound if necessary , then flow up with polish and foam pad-buff this removes swirlls and the polish will bring out the shine, Wax is the final step to make the shine last. Get your self some professional products not auto zone crap. swirlls come from dirt in the pad or on the paint spacers make sure pads and paint are clean, also don't buff at too high of a speed.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The paint is not oxidized at all and it has not been repainted. It is a 2006 and the paint is in fairly good condition. It just does not pop like new paint does. I know it will never look like new but want to get it as close as possible. The paint has small scratches and swirls in it that i would like to fix.

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok ill check out those videos. Thanks for your help guys. If i have any further questions ill post them on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts