Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im looking to color match the interior of my truck like the radio bezel and door handle covers to everyones favorite, silver birch... What kind of paint are you guys using to do this?? It might be on these forums somewhere, but I haven't found it yet!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Krylon "Fusion"

You can buy it at WalMart, Lowes, almost everywhere.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
No, not GM colors.

I didn't understand that was what you wanted... I failed to read your post carefully.
Sorry.

ETA: I seriously doubt you'll find paints for plastic in GM colors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked at the Sherwin Williams paint store and the krylon fusion cans only came in a few colors which is why I was confused haha!! Its great shit though, sticks really good, and I got excited to think they made factory colors!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I seriously doubt you'll find paints for plastic in GM colors.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are paints made for plastic in GM standard colors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would the Duplicolor Spray paint work or do you think it would peel off?? Maybe with an adhesion promotor? idk...

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for the links!

I know you probably get this a lot but looks like u deserve it, nice Camaro!!

·
Administrator
6,650 Posts
Thanks so much for the links!

I know you probably get this a lot but looks like u deserve it, nice Camaro!!
thanks.

I painted the interior pieces of my Camaro with the automotivetouchup links i sent you:

Before:

After:

Installed, and I even did a little extra around the shifter too:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm painting my cluster tomorrow with just regular 96 cent spray paint.. Should I back out our use primer first??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Klean-Strip. Bulldog adhesion promoter. I done my fender flairs myself, 7+ years ago. Still looks new. According to the can you paint anything with anything.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Klean-Strip. Bulldog adhesion promoter. I done my fender flairs myself, 7+ years ago. Still looks new. According to the can you paint anything with anything.

Good to know! :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts