Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I think this weekend if its not to bad out I'm gonna grab the taillights off the truck and go to town with the VHT nightshades. MY question is I want to leave the reverse light clear...So how did you guys mask it off well enough? Start with fine line tape around it and fill the rest in with the thicker stuff?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea, either way is proven to work! I do the fine line tape outline, works good for me but you have to have a steady hand. lol

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
lets see some pics when your done...because i might be using the nite-shades on my ride soon! hahaha

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Well I did not even do mine, I had josh do it :)

But I know, USE THIN LAYERS!

Yup! Thin layers is the key. Don't try to slam a bunch of wet coats on thinking it's gonna make them darker cause the stuff will just run or be all "blotchy".

On a side note- I have an extra set of tails and an all red 3rd brake light I'm going to be Tinting and selling. Just need to do it and come up with a price cause I want to do like a core charge deal so I can keep it going.

·
Registered
760 Posts
how about you be like ccc and when someone buys the tailights and third brake light, you buy there stock ones back, so you have another set, and so on..

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea, that's what I meant by the core charge deal. If the person sends me back their lights, they'd get their core charge back....

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
i have been debating on doing this...the tails and the 3rd BL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's a before and after shot of my tails...I had my tails professionally cleared and I didn't want the backup light circle seen

Make sure you clear coat them right or they'll look like this!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a pretty cool color! And I'm gonna spray the clear outta a can and see how it turns out! if not I'll take it directly over to my buddy (paints for a living) and make him buff them crystal clear! lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's a pretty cool color! And I'm gonna spray the clear outta a can and see how it turns out! if not I'll take it directly over to my buddy (paints for a living) and make him buff them crystal clear! lol
Thank you. It's a much darker shade of blue in person. It's just a very difficult color to reproduce on camera.

As long as you feel confident with your clear abilities, you should be fine spraying them yourself. If not, just have your buddy do them without wasting the money on the canned clear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts