Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking for part number 19179011 dos any one have anny idea where i can find one. for a 05 l5 3.5. Its an exhaust cam shaft actuator.. iv torn the actuator apart and i know how to put it back together altho it need new o ring seals, ruber o ring seals and nylon o ring seals i think. Im gonna look into getting o ring for it

·
Registered
179 Posts
im looking for part number 19179011 dos any one have anny idea where i can find one. for a 05 l5 3.5
It would help to also provide the name of the part, or what it is/does.

GMpartsdirect shows that part number being (and no longer available for sale there):

Actuator Assembly - GM (19179011)

·
Registered
74 Posts
After doing my head, I was getting a p0017. Found out I was off 1 tooth on the Exhaust cam. Was pretty obvious when looking at the flat spots on the cams @ TDC. I think I'd messed up the guides / tensioner / chain tool. After moving the cam, the p0017 went away. Might be causing the misfire too. Although I beginning to suspect the connectors to the coil packs causing my misfires. I've just been too busy to re-pin them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After doing my head, I was getting a p0017. Found out I was off 1 tooth on the Exhaust cam. Was pretty obvious when looking at the flat spots on the cams @ TDC. I think I'd messed up the guides / tensioner / chain tool. After moving the cam, the p0017 went away. Might be causing the misfire too. Although I beginning to suspect the connectors to the coil packs causing my misfires. I've just been too busy to re-pin them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, so when the engine is warm I only get a pending p0017, I was wondering is there any way of testing the camshaft sensors and the crankshaft sensors? and did you say you have a tool ttoo hold the timing chain inplace so you don't have to take off the engine face plate.. after the engine rebuild im getting between 170 190 psi on all cylander, which is good. the truck runs smooth between 1000rpm and 2500 rpm.. man I wish I didn't tear that cam shaft actuator apart. and I wish gmc still made them GM is turning into a shit show.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I found this article way back when Part 1 -The Basics of Crank and Cam Sensors and How to Test Them. I just decided to replace it / them because I was doing a '100k replace crap' while working on the truck.

The tool was part of a set. the wedge is EN-48464. Here's an Autozone link showing the tools / steps;

Good Luck Starfighter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts