Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know the part number for the wilwood front disc brake kit that would work for the colorados? ive been looking for the past couple days but got nowhere. would the ones from a full size silverado work or is it different?

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Wilwood does not make a kit for the Colorado. I have the prototype kit on my truck now and we're still working on another version of this kit right now. My buddy had to move shops and is still getting setup.

If you are interested in running Wilwood parts, hit me up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My brakes are SSBC, not Wilwood. AFAIK Wilwood doesn't make a kit for the Colorado.

Do you remember what the part number is? And how many piston caliper it is? Also did it change your brake bias? I am really interested in this set

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Vehicle Specific Products

DISC BRAKE KIT FRONT - 3 PISTON TRI-POWER WITH 14IN ROTOR

SKU: A117-12

Front Kit Part Number: A117-12
  • All hardware included.
  • Calipers come with Clear Anodizefinish. Optional polishing or powder-coating available.
  • Includes Tri-Power 3-Piston aluminum calipers.
  • Includes high performance pads.
  • Includes Turbo slotted rotors with Xtra Life plating.
If made in the USA is important to you, take a look at the SSBC Performance brakes front brake kits. Our Tri-Power 3 Piston Front Brake Kits, made from Billet aluminum, are complete with all the necessary components for installation. Coated with a clear anodize for maximum corrosion resistance both internally and externally. Assembled with stainless steel pistons for maximum longevity in any condition. With this caliper you will enjoy maximum braking potential in a sleek compact design to fit most popular wheels.* Slotted and plated rotors are standard in most kits, but the upgrade to Big Bite Cross Drilled rotors is available. As with every SSBC kit your replacement pads are available at any local parts store.

DISC BRAKE KIT REAR - 1 (SINGLE) PISTON SPORT R1 PLUS WITH 12.8IN ROTOR

Rear Kit Part Number: A117-14

SKU: A117-14
  • Calipers come with Clear Anodizefinish. Optional polishing or powder-coating available.
  • Includes braided stainless flex lines.
  • Includes Sport R1 Single-Piston aluminum calipers.
  • Includes high performance pads.
  • Includes Turbo slotted rotors with Xtra Life plating.
All hardware is included in the SSBC Performance Brake Systems single piston rear disc brake conversions available in a wide of variety of rotor diameters ranging from 10.5 to 12.8 and piston sizes from 45mm to 54mm. The caliper includes a built-in parking brake and easy bolt on installation. The kits work on most factory parking brake cables. Optional polishing or powder-coating is available in most applications. SSBC boasts over 34 years of manufacturing and engineering the finest disc brake products. Our highly trained technical staff set the highest quality control standards and possess up to the minute design, engineering and testing capabilities. Our commitment to our customers doesnt stop there. The SSBC staff works diligently each year, developing and perfecting new products to meet your braking needs. Check out the caliper & rotor spec's page to see whats included in your kit.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Gotta pay to play.
And the good stuff always costs.

I would probably spring for the front kit, but I don't wanna be dependent on only SSBC for replacement rotors.

I did a 1600-mile round-trip over the past week.
Going down I-75 thru Kentucky into Tennessee, then coming up I-65 south of Chicago on the return leg at 75 mph+, I wanted stouter brakes.
Some total damn fools out there on the highway these days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Front Kit Part Number: A117-12 -- $1745.95

holy rape
Hey by the way I looked up the part number on summitracing and it's like $1500. Cheaper than what you said don't know if anybody else knew that just wanted to put it out there

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already got them for $1,541 with the red calipers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts