Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a key lock on passenger door of 2006
Truck has factory power locks
I have door handle but need to buy lockset, door latch ??, and any arms/cables from door latch to door handle.
Frankly I am not sure with the factory power locks that I need the latch or cabling.
Parts or advice appreciated.
Found lots of detail on converting from manual to automatic locks on the Nation but nothing on just adding the key to passenger door.
Thanks
@Iarado

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
There was an Informational Service Bulletin issued to address the installation of passenger door locks on 2004-2007 355s. The SB Number is 07-08-64-005, dated Mar 9, 2007. It contains only the part numbers required for the installation, no instructions.

The part numbers required are:
-15931323, Lock and Latch Assy.
-15847170, Handle
-19121155, Cylinder Kit
-11516421, Bolts

The cylinder kit most likely will not come with the necessary tumblers to "key" the lock to match your other locks.

If you Google the SB number you will see a few links.

·
Lifetime Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @cart8771 that answers my question. One of the links explained why the latch is needed.
Any one have an old door or parts laying around you want to sell.
Thanks

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @Sarge
All the info is great. My biggest concern as to the new latch was answered further down in the post link you gave me.

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
:thumbup2::thumbup2:

·
Lifetime Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to do that.
Most of the information out there relates to trucks with no auto-locks at all or is 7-8 years old.
I also have an order in with Dan for the new led door pulls (white handles/white led's) so would install those at the same time.
Thanks @rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts