Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyone on here who is a GM parts guy, or has access to the diagrams to assemble a parts list for what would be needed to do a T-56 swap on my stock 2012 5.3 crew cab?

I'm aware of the trans and clutch end of things. My understanding is that a lot is already in place electronics wise.

I would like to use new GM parts like pedals and fasteners to get a stock appearance and function. I'm looking for pedal set up, clutch safety switch, fasteners and any other small parts to make it look clean and factory.

I'm hoping to do the swap over the winter.

My local parts counter guys are less than helpful!

Thanks in advance!
-Shaun-

UPDATE:
Here is what I was given from a member on another site:
2012 Colorado :
clutch pedal assembly comes with the clutch switch - pn- 15853191
qty of 4 nuts to bolt said clutch pedal to firewall - pn- 11514596
brake pedal assembly for manual trans - pn- 20888103

4th Gen Camaro :
Pilot bearing : 14061685
Flywheel , Pressure plate , disc assembly pn- 12581650
qty of 6 pressure plate bolts pn- 12561465
6- flywheel bolts pn- 11569956
slave cylinder bolt 11516424
slave cylinder with throwout bearing 24264182
clutch master cylinder 12570277

I will likely run an LS7 clutch set up and aftermarket slave/throw out bearing.

Still looking into the wiring end and trans tunnel boot if anyone has input on that.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Contact either @ls1blazer I believe his name is Scott OR Contact @cpwire Jared is also a wealth of information on these swaps

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
also most of the GM parts sites have blow ups so you
can see the diff and the parts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact either @ls1blazer I believe his name is Scott OR Contact @cpwire Jared is also a wealth of information on these swaps
I mentioned the guys/members I did because they always do OEM type swaps.

ls1blazer's current build if you have not seen it: http://www.355nation.net/forum/projects-build/61623-zr-1-colorado-build-update-3-19-13-a.html
Thanks for the reply. PMs sent out. And that LS9 swap is bad @$$!

also most of the GM parts sites have blow ups so you
can see the diff and the parts
I have not had much luck in my searching. Do you have a specific recommendation?

I have a few feelers out.

I'll share whatever I find out. As the warranties start to wear down, I image many more guys will be looking at similar mods.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,780 Posts
@WTRacing has a T56 in his truck as well and might be able to provide some good insight/info as well! He has been more than fast and helpful with responses to my questions.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think I have listed everything you need about ten times on here! As far as I know I was the first to do it and it has worked perfectly for seven years and 100,000 miles.Very Simple!

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
I think I have listed everything you need about ten times on here! As far as I know I was the first to do it and it has worked perfectly for seven years and 100,000 miles.Very Simple!
Someone needs to formally list it or do a How To so it won't be asked very couple of months. To the OP, the information is out there. Search for key terms and use the username filter with the ones that have posted here to get the answers. Hopefully 1 day someone will make a How To.

on a side note... how awesome would it be to add a 7 speed manual out of a corvette? :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure exactly what info you need but I found this thread answered most of my questions.

Anyone swapped a T-56 in a stock V-8 Colorado / Canyon? - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum
That is my thread. I posted it before even buying my 2012 new, as I had planned a manual swap all along. Now, the time is near!

What is absent in that thread is a parts list and part numbers.

Most of the info on here is on engine swapped trucks. I am just looking to put together a parts list for stock trucks (that would also apply to swap trucks I guess).

Someone needs to formally list it or do a How To so it won't be asked very couple of months. To the OP, the information is out there. Search for key terms and use the username filter with the ones that have posted here to get the answers. Hopefully 1 day someone will make a How To.

on a side note... how awesome would it be to add a 7 speed manual out of a corvette? :)
I sent out some PMs on here and other sites. I thought I would start up a new tread so others can find the info. I'm assuming I'm not the only stock 5.3 owner that wants a manual.

Here is what I was given from a member on another site:
2012 Colorado :
clutch pedal assembly comes with the clutch switch - pn- 15853191
qty of 4 nuts to bolt said clutch pedal to firewall - pn- 11514596
brake pedal assembly for manual trans - pn- 20888103

4th Gen Camaro :
Pilot bearing : 14061685
Flywheel , Pressure plate , disc assembly pn- 12581650
qty of 6 pressure plate bolts pn- 12561465
6- flywheel bolts pn- 11569956
slave cylinder bolt 11516424
slave cylinder with throwout bearing 24264182
clutch master cylinder 12570277

I will likely run an LS7 clutch set up and aftermarket slave/throw out bearing.

Still looking into the wiring end and trans tunnel boot if anyone has input on that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would real tricky since it is part of the transaxle
Oddly enough, if money was no option, I would put a full C5 rear suspension and trans axle under the Colorado (I've looked into it). Should solve some of the natural truck weight balance issue!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,780 Posts
@subtlez28 This was a post with a list of parts I saw from @xtremels6
I agree on how tuff they are but I went with the T56 because the Gear Vendors overdrive was only .80 and I wanted the tall .50 final drive with my version of that tranny,and it has had a minor rebuild in 100,000 miles and it was all behind 400-500 HP. I should add that tranny was used(45,000) on it (02Z28) and at that time I paid $1500.
The switch from the auto was very easy 4-5hours,5sp.Colorado clutch pedal and master cyl.,Z06 clutch and p.plate,bearing,upper and lower col. Shifter boots and same console,same driveshaft. You will need a adapter plate to relocate the shifter a little,I think mine was 1"to the left and3"forward. A master cyl. That was stronger would work better if you were planning on full pwr. Shifts.
Also, I don't see you swapping to a T56 being much different than a v8 swapped truck because our trucks did not come with a t56 or even manual v8 configuration at any point. Are the computers in the v8 trucks compatible with a manual swap or would you have to swap?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I am not sure how to explain this but if you look in my gallery you will see the automatic tranny module is still hooked in the system because by utilizing that I just pluged the harness from the automatic into the stick and everything worked fine.(speedo and odo)HP Tuners picked it up and we put in the gear ratio,tires and stuff. Jamie could better explain this! I never. Did hook up the back up lights but it wouldn't be that hard.
The swap is easy and as above stated,the truck does not care if it was a swap or factory. It would be somewhat easier if you started with a factory five sp. but it is no big deal either way.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not sure how to explain this but if you look in my gallery you will see the automatic tranny module is still hooked in the system because by utilizing that I just pluged the harness from the automatic into the stick and everything worked fine.(speedo and odo)HP Tuners picked it up and we put in the gear ratio,tires and stuff. Jamie could better explain this! I never. Did hook up the back up lights but it wouldn't be that hard.
The swap is easy and as above stated,the truck does not care if it was a swap or factory. It would be somewhat easier if you started with a factory five sp. but it is no big deal either way.
I would like more info on keeping the auto trans module. I am wondering though, if out trucks would be different in that regard though, as I have the E67 computer. What year is your truck?

What did you use for the boot on the trans tunnel, the colorado boot? I'm talking about the one that seals out the underside, not the one on the console. Although, I would also like info on the console one. I will re-read your thread when time allows.

The E67 PCM can be setup for manual. There are other vehicles running E67 with a manual.
True enough. I have an E67 in my race car with an LS3 and T-56. But that car has no stability control or ABS. Those are the systems I am expecting problems with on the swap.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My trk. is a 2006 but theECM is from a 2005 V8 Long Wheelbase Trailblazer,E40 I think? I used both upper and lower boots from the five speed Col. My trac. cont. Does not work.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
I would like more info on keeping the auto trans module. I am wondering though, if out trucks would be different in that regard though, as I have the E67 computer. What year is your truck?

What did you use for the boot on the trans tunnel, the colorado boot? I'm talking about the one that seals out the underside, not the one on the console. Although, I would also like info on the console one. I will re-read your thread when time allows.

True enough. I have an E67 in my race car with an LS3 and T-56. But that car has no stability control or ABS. Those are the systems I am expecting problems with on the swap.

youre running an e67 with a 58x ls3 and t56 and everything works power wise?

im running the same and have had nothing but nightmares trying to get the e67 to work with the 6speed.

what OS are you running on it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
youre running an e67 with a 58x ls3 and t56 and everything works power wise?

im running the same and have had nothing but nightmares trying to get the e67 to work with the 6speed.

what OS are you running on it?
Yes, I have the 58 tooth, E67, and CTS-V T-56 in my Stalker. I have a stand alone harness from Speartech and their tune. No issues, but I have limited miles (all track).

I don't know what you mean by "OS".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts