Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My anti theft system keeps my truck from cranking regularly. I usually unlock the truck with the key and it would do the thing where it wouldn’t crank and the theft light would flash. so i tried using the key fob and no luck. it still does it. 2007 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
I’m about to just cut the wires to the whole security system

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I got a street tune from Supermod and just had him disable passlock while in there. Might be one way to go instead of cutting wires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was talking to him and I guess I made him mad by assuring him I’m not looking to get scammed because he left me on read lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was having issues w my theft system last year. Ended up getting the cylinder lock assy from the Dealer. I only used the electrical part at the left side (end away from key) that has the electrical hookups.

No issues after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I
I was having issues w my theft system last year. Ended up getting the cylinder lock assy from the Dealer. I only used the electrical part at the left side (end away from key) that has the electrical hookups.

No issues after that.
I had the same problem. Did the same. Only changed the electric module. Fixed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wish I knew I could have bought the electrical module by itself. I bought the whole assembly including the lock cylinder. I was able to take the electrical part off and threw away the lock assembly later. But, I think the whole assembly from the dealer was about $90. for it being fixed now for a year it was well worth the $90.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I

I had the same problem. Did the same. Only changed the electric module. Fixed.
I wish I knew I could have bought the electrical module by itself. I bought the whole assembly including the lock cylinder. I was able to take the electrical part off and threw away the lock assembly later. But, I think the whole assembly from the dealer was about $90. for it being fixed now for a year it was well w
I wish I knew I could have bought the electrical module by itself. I bought the whole assembly including the lock cylinder. I was able to take the electrical part off and threw away the lock assembly later. But, I think the whole assembly from the dealer was about $90. for it being fixed now for a year it was well worth the $90.
sorry should have clearer. I too bought the whole assembly, and took the module off it and installed just the module. Much easier than replacing the whole assembly

·
Registered
2 Posts
My anti theft system keeps my truck from cranking regularly. I usually unlock the truck with the key and it would do the thing where it wouldn’t crank and the theft light would flash. so i tried using the key fob and no luck. it still does it. 2007 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
I’m about to just cut the wires to the whole security system

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 ways to go, you can disable the system, which of course the dealer does not recommend, or take to a GM service center and tell them to replace the sensor, it's not reading your key, as the proper key to start your vehicle, I just about 4 months ago had this done to my 2008 Colorado, it's hard for them to diagnose because it does not leave a code. I can not remember what it cost me off hand, but it was something that I trusted only with the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts