Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this morning I go to leave for work and my truck doesn't start. Dash lights and all came on but when I crank the key it just clicks and everything goes black. After a few seconds it all comes back on so I tried again and same result. Then the lights started acting odd....right turn signal, speedometer, overhead light, and passenger foot light started flashing for a little while before turning off. No passlock symbol yet. So I unhook the battery and leave it to set there for a few minutes then plug it all back in. This time the passlock symbol is on with all the dash lights and when I try to crank it all goes black but the passlock symbol. So I tried the 11 minutes on, 10 seconds off idea and that didn't get me anywhere. When I turned my key to the off position the gauge needles all dropped below 0 (they would swing under the tach numbers and under speedometer numbers by about 1/16") and it sounds like it's telling me something in morse code. Additionally, my cd player (aftermarket) sounds like it's trying to achieve lift in my dash for about 6 seconds before it stops. And now not even the passlock symbol comes on when I cycle my key on. Any ideas? any help would be appreciated since i'm missing work for this damn thing. :anger:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is your batter? Ive read around here that are trucks act up when the battery is about to go.
I bought the truck about 3 months ago so i couldn't attest to its age, but that's what people on the facebook page were saying to turn to first. now i just gotta find a jump.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace your battery.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I vote for bad battery connections at the terminal. Corroded battery cables. Bad ground or bad battery. If the vehicle is cranking (actually sounds like it is trying to start) then I don't think your battery is faulty.

None of your symptoms are related to passlock from my understanding.

If you get the vehicle started you can swing by a parts store and ask them to load test your battery. If bad, replace it. If good, start looking into connections.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I vote for bad battery connections at the terminal. Corroded battery cables. Bad ground or bad battery.

None of your symptoms are related to passlock from my understanding.
i can only hope so from the sound of passlock it doesn't seem like anything i care to deal with to say the least. as soon as i can find a friend that can make it over i'll try to jump my little lady and if she gets going i'll go have my battery tested/replaced.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
while you're waiting, disconnect your battery cables and clean the battery posts and cable ends. A wire brush or fine sand paper will work. You want to clean the inside diameter of the cable ends to remove any corrosion that may be there allowing a bad connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts