Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a riddling PCM problem I was hoping a few of you experts could help me with. My PCM went bad the other day (not starting, stalling while driving, reduced power mode error, and code P0601). I took it into a delaer, and they confirmed my PCM was bad, then quoted me $600+ to fix it (along with $410 to replace my thermostat, but thats another story). So, I bought a used PCM on Ebay from what appears to be a reputable dealer, who flashed it to my VIN that I supplied them. I put the new PCM in my truck, and have not been able to crank the truck on the new PCM. I have done the security re-learn (http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-miscellaneous/26122-how-do-security-relearn.html) and originally thought I was doing it wrong (currently running it on the truck again). However, the security/passlock light DOES NOT stay on after it turns on for its start up sequence to see if all the idiot lights still work. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be? I know I need a CASE relearn at some point, but as far as I'm aware the truck has to run for that- it currently won't even crank. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Cliffnotes: new PCM in 2006 2.8 Colorado, flashed to VIN, think security relearn worked properly, but truck won't crank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update for anyone having similar problems- I got a bad PCM off of ebay. Seller took care of it and sent me a new one 2-day shipped. The way I figured out it was bad was after the security relearn, I put my original PCM back in the truck, dove to Autozone and swapped PCMs, and got the one from Ebay scanned. Sure enough, it threw a P0601 code. Also, our trucks will crank over during the security relearn. Found that out when I put the good PCM in. Hope this is helpful to someone, I had a tough time finding info on it earlier.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Same trouble 2years ago. I just go to dealer to reflash to stock configuration to vin. And run good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts