Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I go about getting this PCM4less that I see on almost everyones upgrade list....I would really like it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks! I really want one. I have done a grip to it but I didnt feel like getting it tuned for 5-600 bucks ya know! Cant wait to update my garage with pic's

I forgot to ask dose anyone have a plug and play or anything to that efect they would want to sell?

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Their tuning should do ya good for daily driving + more performance..

If you are looking to run your truck on the track (1/4 mile) then you might want to have it tuned by a dyno shop or pro tuner in your area that can get the fueling in as close to 100% as possible with wideband o2 readings... Not really necessary but some have the cash and might consider it, it will definitely be more than the $100-something dollars PCM charges.... You might be looking at ~$300 for the dyno tuning... Call around to places local to you for prices if that is what interests you.

As far as I know, PCM is the only company who does the mail order tuning for our trucks..

Oh....:welcome:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Nothing your the closestMember to me ;)

lol!

I live in South East Texas (Jasper), Ft Polk is about 50miles from my Dealership (my work).

There is no one around me for MILES! lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you can get to the Houston Speedway on Friday I can tune you. I've done a dozen people in Texas so far. Friday is the last night I can do it, I'm going back to Illinois on Saturday. After that your stuck with the half arsed PCM for "less" tune... :censored: ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you can get to the Houston Speedway on Friday I can tune you. I've done a dozen people in Texas so far. Friday is the last night I can do it, I'm going back to Illinois on Saturday. After that your stuck with the half arsed PCM for "less" tune... :censored: ?
what's half assed about PCMforless?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Half assed? I don't understand how a tune can be half-assed if people are buying them and their running a successful business offa PCM tuning.

I don't know spit about the PCM for less tunes or anyone elses... thats why I don't say shit either way. All I know is there is a lot of satisfied customers from PCMforless.com and a lot of satisfied customers who got tuned by private partys using hptuners and i've rarely heard bad things about either.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I will chime in on what I think Stocker was alluding to....??....

To extract the maxium out of the truck and be safe, you need to be live and local to the truck while tuning to see how the truck is responding to the changes.

What I just said is only applicable for certain guru's of the HP Tuner. Not just anybody with the tuner can stand their ground against a PCM4 tuned file. They provide a very robust mail order tune.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
:yeahthat:

mail order is just that, mail order.

custom tuning is custom tuning.

you can just do more in person with the truck you are tuning than you can giving someone a tune via mail order.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
yea, but ill tell you what, my truck fuckin screams now. ive beaten a reg cab i-5 with a stick and i have an i-4. i aint tryin to say my truck is formidable, but its a fuckload faster than it was. course, i did get the 93 tune.....

plus, my milage is 21.5 at worst compared to 18~ previously.

you cant beat what they provide for not having the truck in front of them durring the tune, plus they re programed for free when i had a factory update done. VERY hard to beat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts