Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I tell ya everytime I go about searching a mod I'm thinkin about doin, I wind up more skeptical, confused, and unsure than when I started!! There's soo many options whenever you do something to these trucks!:econo:

All this tune talk has got me itchin to mod my truck a bit. Figured If I custom make an Intake setup and just score a muffler instead of a cat-back, I might have around $200 in both.

I'm just so flippin unsure on what muffler to get. I've heard all the sound clips (at least the ones that work) but you can't really get a feel for what a certain muffler sounds like untill you hear it in person. Sure, once someone posts up a clip, everyone's like..."Yea man! Sounds Mean! Blah Blah Blah". I'm like, what the hell were you watching? MOST of the clips I've heard sound like complete dog shit to me. Absolute Rice with a capital R and I'd be embarassed to drive it...

It will be a nightmare to weld up a muffler only to be unhappy with it. How many of you guys have heard different exhausts in person? What's your opinion on them? I heard CodeReds Magnaflow system and it sounded tits. Will I have the same sound with just the muffler?

And lastly, I couldn't find this in my searching but I know I've seen them before. Does anyone know if someone made like a muffler part # database?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Magnaflow for sure! I've heard it on IWA100's I4 and it's fuckin' meaaaan!

However, I'm going to be adventurous and go with the Borla on my I4. If it doesn't sound right, off it goes and in goes the Magnaflow.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

However, I'm going to be adventurous and go with the Borla on my I4. If it doesn't sound right, off it goes and in goes the Magnaflow.
Niiice .. my friend (onehate02) just got the Borla ProXS and is getting it installed pretty soon. If I like it I might consider it, it's like 80-somethin bucks from the site called Wicked Nickys lol

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Magnaflow.... doooooooo it. Wait another week and you can check out a couple setups im sure @ the meet.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I just bolted in a DynoMax. So far it's quieter than my FlowMaster was but it flows much better. Hoping that it will break in a little more but so far I like it.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magnaflow.... doooooooo it. Wait another week and you can check out a couple setups im sure @ the meet.
That's what I was thinkin, provided I remember to ask everyone what they have! I completly forgot at the Ohio meet...:dawg:

And you guys are talkin about just mufflers right?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

you can hear mine tonight.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You got the Borla??
yeah I do. I think it sounds pretty good, It is lound when you push it but when you drive it above 75 it goes silent.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had to do all over again, I would just punch out my manifold cat out and call it a day. Sounds pretty darn good IMO.
Hmmm.....interesting. Would doing that help performance the same as adding a muffler? If you have that done, how much more performance can one expect out of adding a muffler too?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
oh yeah mine is the cat back. well until next week (I plan on cutting off my cat)

·
Registered
893 Posts
It may not feel faster, but does just a muffler infact add a few ponies on paper?
Yes on paper/dyno you would notice a couple/few.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what I figured. I think if I can find a sound note I like, I'll throw one on. You figure that would be a good cheap combo with the cat mod and a muffler that flows more as far as performance goes. I'm not expecting HUGE gains, but at least enough to justify my time/money.....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts