Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have the 2.8l i4. Im tryin to get more performance out of it.

I got a K&N intake, 63 series i think, im going to bust the cat material in my headers out, i got new spark plugs, Flow master exhaust, I will be tuning it, and thought about getting a throttle body spacer. I also thought about getting a diff rear end, off a trail blazer? I have the slower one lol. I have no off line power.

Would the CEL light some on if i remove catlyst mat from my headers? OR on the intake or spacer?

Is the throttle body spacer worth the 100$? Also on my exhaust. i have flow master delta flow, 1 in 2 out (turn downs) Would it change anything if i ran them out the back instead of turning them down?

If anything i mentioned would not help or make it worse plz let me know, and if you have any other suggestions post. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cool, Does any 1 have the elec fan? Where could i find it? Also any more INfo about my first post would be appriciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O well, i know its a 4cyl but anything helps lol, I thought about a Lighter Flywheel, Ours seems so heavy, Revs down slow. Lighter flywheel would help it rev faster i would think.

But yea, not much you can do to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, its a manual im pretty smart mechanical wise. Done a few engine swaps and tranny swaps ect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, its a manual im pretty smart mechanical wise. Done a few engine swaps and tranny swaps ect.

How much would it cost to get new gears? like 372 instead oif 34X or w/e. I got the 342. Cost and Labor? Not sure if id ant to do it myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would the 410s do? WOuld it make it faster up front?

Faster accel and Lower Top end? Or I dont know what these ratios would mean.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also a suggestion that has not been put up yet, find yourself a throttle body off of a 3.5, or a 4.2l trailblazer, you can find them on ebay for around $100, the throttle bodies are all interchangeable but the 3.5 and 4.2 ones have a larger diameter. The only thing is that you will not be able to do this until tuning, there are some parameters that have to be changed in the 4cyl computer to make the bigger throttle body work and be driveable

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
There's really not much more to add to this thread. There's already some good information posted!:salute:

That, and there's really not much more you can do to these things performance wise, unfortunatly. Only other thing I would suggest is if/when you get a bigger TB, have it ported out. Maybe you can hook up with Brewer15650, him and another member have been porting TB's and have seen some nice gains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts