Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the answer, may have missed it going through all the pages, but here's my question: Is there any difference in the OEM PF3 wheels that are used on 4X2 and 4X4 355s? I'm looking to go back to the stock wheels (currently running 17" D10s that came with the truck), and the salvage yards list the PF3s as being 4X2 and 4X4. Do any of you learned gentlemen know of any reason why I couldn't mix and match to get a complete set?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
For the Z71 truck they should be a 7" wide wheel. Make sure the 7" works with the tire you intend to purchase.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are what I'm looking for. One salvage yard wanted $125 each. I'll pass on that one!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$125 each for regular aluminum. I'm allergic to chrome. I break out in rattle can black whenever I'm subjected to chrome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a pretty bad case of wheel hop due to 2 warped rims. Cheapest alternative is to find the 17" Rado/Canyon wheels and reuse my tires, which have plenty of tread left.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Please define 'wheel hop'.
I've never heard of a warped wheel causing wheel hop. Vibrations yes, but never heard of it hopping.

Not saying I know it all...I'm just saying I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It vibrates like crazy going down the road, and speed. Raised the rear to check the u-joint, and after ruling that out, spun the wheels, just looking for anything. The wheels are warped, not truly round, and it is visible when they are off the ground and spinning. Wheel hop probably isn't the right term, but they feel like they're hopping/bouncing due to being out-of-round.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Gotcha.

I was thinking that if you had true wheel hop that maybe you had other issues, not a wheel. Such as bad shocks or a busted leaf.

Sounds as if you have it investigated and know what you're in for. Which is half the battle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a line on a set of Silverado wheels for cheap. Had him measure the center bore and it's 107mm, which from everything I've read, is big enough for our trucks. May take a little ride later and have a look at them.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You might want to test that wheel out - that will be the first wheel that I've read about that will bolt on.

Do you know what year Silverado it is coming from? Maybe these other guys can confirm that older model trucks will fit. But we know the newer ones don't.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's true. If he measured the bore correctly, it's 4.25 inches, which is 107.9mm. He thinks they came off an 04 Silvie, but he's not sure, as they were given to him. Sounds like they may have been bored already.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking online, the 04 Silvie's had a 78mm bore. So if he measured correctly, they have already been bored.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That doesn't make sense to me....why would a Silverado owner bore wheels that don't need bored.

Or....did you forget to say that the seller has Silverado wheels that fit a Canyon/Colorado?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn't make sense to me either. Not sure what he or the previous owner drove, but it sounds very likely that a 355 was involved at some point.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just worry, buying them used, may end up in the same situation I'm in now, and out some cash.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turns out he measured incorrectly, and they won't fit. Decided on Black Rock Series 997 Type 8s. Should be here later in the week, and I'll take pics once I swap the tires and mount them up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts