Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Or use a telescope mount for your camera to get good shots :naughty:

Only problem with that is a lot of us live in cities with a lot of light pollution. It is very difficult for me to get clean shots of the moon.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
The only mount that would really make a difference would be like a astro tracker. Otherwise you get star trails which SUCK! You can take a bunch of short exposures (10-20 sec) and use a stacking program to get really cool pics.

ahh yea thats true didnt think of that... damn city folks!! Have you ever looked into this stuff though? Its pretty cool.

heres what that stacking program can do

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Yea, I have a buddy that shoots through a telescope that has the electonic tracker. I think he paid around $3k for it and the tripod was another $400. Crazy.

another issue we would run into at this time of the year would be clear skies. It will be something to think about come summer. Are the stacking programs expensive?

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
if you count free as expensive lol. I just got deep sky stacker but theres a few others that are free. you can do it in photoshop too.

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
Tools of the trade makes for an interesting idea. It gives people a chance to see what everyone does. Night sky photos sounds like fun and look cool, but hard to do without high dollar equipment. Cloud formations might be a better option. My $.02

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
You dont need high price equipment at all. Any dslr can take really good star pics. just gotta know what ur doing.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Ok, April POTM ideas

Tools of the trade
Abandoned/dilapidated buildings
Neon signs

Anyone?

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
I like the dilapidated building idea

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
close ups of your peenar?

like so close it looks like a landscape shot with black trees?

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I'm thinking the abandoned/dilapidated buildings

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
low angle might be interesting

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts