Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2386 Posts

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
I'm a little disappointed in the rumored specs for the 7D mk ii, I thought canon would have done a bit better than that. They need to go ahead and release it, so I can get me a reg 7D when the prices drop.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
The nex 3n is on sale for $299 with the 16-50mm kit lens.. quite the price drop from $499
That's a helluva deal! I might have bought it at that price. The main reason i dropped it from the list was because I wanted to keep it more into a pocketable camera so I chose the Canon S110 and ended up with the S120 as a bonus. Crazy that the S120 retails for $449!

I'm a little disappointed in the rumored specs for the 7D mk ii, I thought canon would have done a bit better than that. They need to go ahead and release it, so I can get me a reg 7D when the prices drop.
That announcement has been a frustrating wait for many including myself! I occasionally get hired for sports shoots and want to replace my 50D and want a newer second camera. I might just get another 6D as it performed much better than I expected at an indoor soccer shoot I did last week. Either that or just suck it up and get a 5Dmk3 lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the crappy AutoGuide.com free app

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
That's a helluva deal! I might have bought it at that price. The main reason i dropped it from the list was because I wanted to keep it more into a pocketable camera so I chose the Canon S110 and ended up with the S120 as a bonus. Crazy that the S120 retails for $449!
i'm quite impressed with it so far, the only drawback is there is no viewfinder so the screen is a bit hard to see in bright light, and unlike the later models, you can't add one on. It's really more of an entry level camera, there's no dedicated mode dial or any fancy buttons, no hot shoe, but it uses the same sensor as the 5/6 series, so the image quality is pretty nice :D I haven't really gotten to play with it much yet, the weather here is terrible, but just shooting random things around the house with my zeiss lenses, everything is tack sharp even with the extra piece of glass in the adapter

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
this was shot through a window. zeiss distagon 28mm f/2.8, wide open, iso200, 1/1250

100% crop

not too bad considering it was through double paned glass :lol:

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
this was shot through a window. zeiss distagon 28mm f/2.8, wide open, iso200, 1/1250

100% crop

not too bad considering it was through double paned glass :lol:
Very impressive!!! Zeiss lenses are the shiznit!!!:salute:

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
From a recent trip to Disneyland. These were taken with my Canon 6D and the plastic 50mm f1.8 "Nifty Fifty" lens. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride is mostly in near-complete darkness. My Canon 50D struggled to focus in the dark let alone capture non-blurry images. The 6D is a low light beast with clean ISO 25600 captures!

Pirate Ship by DBNissan, on Flickr

Loaded Pirate by DBNissan, on Flickr

Sleepy Pirate by DBNissan, on Flickr

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Bought a Tamron 70-300mm VC. This is one of the first shots taken with it on my 6D

It was cropped down to about 80%

Here's the original shot SOOC, no editing
Tamron 70-300mm VC by DBNissan, on Flickr

·
Big Brother Owner
1,808 Posts
I also bought the Tamron 70-300vc and love it. I just have it on my T1i, but it is SOOO much better then my stock canon 70-300 lens that I had.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
I also bought the Tamron 70-300vc and love it. I just have it on my T1i, but it is SOOO much better then my stock canon 70-300 lens that I had.
I have yet to try it on my APS-C sensored 50D which would give me the same reach as your T1i. I absolutely love it on my 6D full framer though! The Canon version I heard had a terrible time locking in focus in some situations. I never tried that lens though.

BTW, long time no see! where have you been??

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I'm about ready to try out a Sigma 24-105 f/4. The ART version (if there are multiple).

Not sure I'm okay with the cost since I really want the 50-150 f/2.8 which is only $200 more.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
The Sigma 24-105 is a decent lens. Reviews put it on par with the Canon version. However, you can get the Canon version cheaper on the used market but still new because it's offered as the kit lens on the 5D and 6D

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
If you have a lens that covers the wide end, I'd go for the 50-150 our the Tamron 70-300vc if you want a long Tele

·
Big Brother Owner
1,808 Posts
I have yet to try it on my APS-C sensored 50D which would give me the same reach as your T1i. I absolutely love it on my 6D full framer though! The Canon version I heard had a terrible time locking in focus in some situations. I never tried that lens though.

BTW, long time no see! where have you been??
The canon version was horrible. I went to a local camera store and they had me demo that lens and the immediate notice of the locking was awesome. Fell in love with it for the the price. I didn't know what I had been missing out on till I bought that lens.

Yea I know its been a couple years since I have been on here. Doing my thing, spending time with the family and in the TBSS world. Now I am back in a truck again but a full size Silvy.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I really like the 50-150. I've never used it, but have used the 70-200. Great lens'. The 24-105 is more of a walk around lens for me though. All i have are two kit lenses. Since I've rented a couple, I know what to buy in terms of quality-and they aren't cheap.
Mostly, I want fixed aperture. I'm sure I'll be happiest with the 2.8 instead of f/4.0.

$900 vs. $1100.

My kit lens is 18-55. And I don't shoot indoors, or wide very often. The 24-105 is shorter and lighter - easier to carry around. But I had no problems carrying around the 70-200 to 3 locations when I shot the last race I shot.
Plus the larger lens 'looks cooler'. haha

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
The canon version was horrible. I went to a local camera store and they had me demo that lens and the immediate notice of the locking was awesome. Fell in love with it for the the price. I didn't know what I had been missing out on till I bought that lens.

Yea I know its been a couple years since I have been on here. Doing my thing, spending time with the family and in the TBSS world. Now I am back in a truck again but a full size Silvy.
Glad to see you back. I see your daughter is no longer a little baby!

I really like the 50-150. I've never used it, but have used the 70-200. Great lens'. The 24-105 is more of a walk around lens for me though. All i have are two kit lenses. Since I've rented a couple, I know what to buy in terms of quality-and they aren't cheap.
Mostly, I want fixed aperture. I'm sure I'll be happiest with the 2.8 instead of f/4.0.

$900 vs. $1100.

My kit lens is 18-55. And I don't shoot indoors, or wide very often. The 24-105 is shorter and lighter - easier to carry around. But I had no problems carrying around the 70-200 to 3 locations when I shot the last race I shot.
Plus the larger lens 'looks cooler'. haha
My favorite walk around lens on a crop sensor is the 17-55 f2.8. It doesn't have the extra reach of the 105mm but it's a sharp quick focusing lens. I think Canon may be updating that lens soon because the price has dropped significantly. It's such a great lens that it could be a Red Ring L lens if it weren't for crop bodies only. It will also focus better in dim light like during sunrise or sunset compared to an f4 or slower lens on a crop sensor. I've seen this lens go for less than $800 when Canon online had sales.

I was saving up for the Canon or Tamron stabilized 70-200 f2.8 myself but after shooting some long wedding ceremonies, my hands and arms couldn't handle the weight any longer. I decided to try the 70-300 vc Tamron because of the great reviews and its smaller and lighter size. Long photography sessions are no longer an issue! lol

2341 - 2360 of 2386 Posts