Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am now in Arizona as a couple of you have found out. I had to come down here to Ft. Huachuca, so I figured that I would go ahead and use some of the scenery (sp?) for some new pics of my truck. Well, I took a couple trails up some of the mountains here just to see how far I could get and came out with some pretty good shots...

Oh, I also built that tonneau cover on the back of my truck. That is one of my newest mods. I will get a couple more pictures of that when I get the time.

Little bit of flexing...

See bitches, I can tuck too! :fugrin:

haha

I will probably end up getting a LOT more pictures since there are mountains galore out here. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No doubt brotha, but you guys just might have to travel my way some. They are being strict as hell on me here and it's a bish! I can only go out to Tucson, and no further, but that might change here in a few weeks...

P

·
0 Posts
We'll definitely setup a meet man. Kinda sucks you cant come up so we can show you a good time up here. I was gettin my truck all squeaky clean when i heard the news. :dawg:

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was doing the same man. I think I spent three days cleaning this bish. I knew that if I showed up with a single waterspot, I might get shit haha.

Anyway, I definately want to get some sort of meet going with you guys and have a good time. I want to get my truck into a group shot of more than two or three haha. Plus, I am sure there are some good places to get pics up there too. I just realized that all those pics were taken inside the impact area of about 12 ranges here haha. They didn't have any keep out signs so I figured it was ok to drive on. Oh well, looks like I get to go looking for some more places to creep...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My lord your truck is sick. Very very very very nice man. Pics make me jeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllooooouuuuuuuuuussssssss!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
so when ya coming to a ohio meet lol

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh man to bad you cant come this way, I got a great trail to do here, it is very very easy, its actually a dirt road, but very scenic, goes through three counties and past 2 lakes, starts in desert and cactus, and ends in pine trees, it is a good way to show the variety here in AZ. How long you down there for? Maybe if you are there through a 72 or 96 you could venture a little farther north.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Geeds, I will be going to a meet when I get the time and am back home.

Mav, I will head up that way eventually. I will most likely have the weekend of Thanksgiving off, but not positive how my schedual will go for the next couple weeks. I will def keep you guys informed since I want to meet you guys and see your trucks in person.

Oh and thanks for all the comps on the truck guys.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
so how was the drive out there

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Geeds, the drive was LONG AS HELL!! 27 hours in the truck. Luckily it was a semi-comfy ride. And I am glad I went lifted. Some of these roads blow out this way. I would have damn sure fucked up a rim or two if I were on some low pros... Oh, I also caught a rock in my front windshield. Luckily insurance took care of it and a guy down here fixed it up. Still a little bit showing, but just looks like some small ass bug hit it.

For the tonneau, here is a better picture of it as well as another picture of the full truck...

I will get some better shots, but I started with a wood frame of 2x4s with a brase across the middle, then laid two sheets of plywood over that and cut them to the correct size. Found some thick foam and laid that down, then took two sheets of marine grade black vinyl (2 pieces since it wasn't thick enough) and cut one of the sheets in half long ways. Had the neighbor sew the smaller strips on the sides of the larger one and then proceeded to staple my way around the whole thing. It could be a little tighter, but I didn't want to stress the material or stitching too much since I wasn't sure how well it would hold up. All in all the project costed me $50 since I was able to grab the wood off the neighbor, all the materials were 50-75% off, and once again, the neighbor sewed it together for me. Turned out GREAT in my opinion, and I am picky!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts